Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Lake Opens Up

7:00

7:22

At Seezurh House with Ron and Linda Mc Clure, Again!
Up at 6:15, only me and darkness, 23º outside, in the 40's later in the day.  It's now 7:00 and the sky off to the east is pink, with long, slim gray clouds floating above the horizon.  It's supposed to be a clear day, rain expected tonight.

We did have yoga yesterday morning and it was back to a class I enjoy, with ladies, of course, whom I recognize from last year.  It's eclectic, meaning different types of yoga are practiced and everyone is of various levels, which I like.  I never feel out of place though as a yogi, I am not supposed to covet my neighbors strikingly difficult pose. Julia Lescynski, our old neighbor Doc Landon's daughter was there for the first time this year.  She has been going to Westfield to the Studio Panterra instead of Eight Limbs.  In fact, I am going to this studio today, to see what it's like.  It has a special two hour session today, in their studio in the woods and the teacher is supposedly quite a character.  She and her husband worked at the Kripalu Yoga Center for a few years in the 1980's.  When I asked Julie what the teacher was like, she just said, "You will see when you get there."  Ominous.  I am looking forward to it unless I feel out of place though I have been assured I will fit in.  At 69, I am still insecure.  Pathetic.

After yoga, I stopped for a coffee at Ryder's Cup, then the bank, then Wegman's, picking up three 12 packs of beer, ice cream and blue berries, quite a combination.  When I got home, Evie had gone off shopping and to workout out at the YMCA, so I had the afternoon to myself.  I did walk on the shoreline, on the ice, along Woodlawn and Victoria, just to see how thick the ice was.  I was able to walk on it without falling through, though it was slippery, obviously.  All kinds of animal tracks marked the ice, not sure what kind.  I finally finished  the novel Sweet Tooth, by Ian McEwan.  I liked it well enough but it took my awhile to finish it, not a good sign.

We went out to dinner at the Seezurh House, with our special (needs?) friends, Ron and Linda Mc Clure.  They arrived yesterday after a Christmas in NYC, which sounded wonderful.  Lots of snow, crowds of people, and family from both coasts.  It was good to see them and catch up on all the news.  They will be here for about ten days, then head back to Pittsburgh for a few weeks, before returning again in February.  Ron and I hope to attend a couple of high school basketball games in the next week or two.  We came home around 9:30, watched some TV and I started a Tana French novel, In the Woods, which my sister Ellen recommended.  I immediately was drawn into it, especially by the two detectives, male and female, and the allusions to American TV and modern culture.  I know I am going to like it.  It's nice to have a sister, Ellen and a nephew, Pat Holzheimer, who read a lot and recommend books via their Blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...