Saturday, January 5, 2013

Seven Swans A Swimming

8:00

Swans a Swimming
Swans a Nesting on Water's edge


Cross Country ski trail in Victoria

A Beautiful Afternoon at Woodlawn
Up late, 7:30, so I missed part of Only A Game but I can deal with it.  It's cloudy, gray, the snow luminescent, and 26ยบ.  Snow is expected tonight and it's supposed to warm up some, in the 30's during the day.

Yesterday, Evie went to the Gym for the first time, walked four miles, and felt good doing it, after having been down for quite awhile with pneumonia and the aftermath.  So, that's good, she is starting to get her mojo back and I can go back to laying on the couch.  I did get some cross country skiing in for the first time this year, skiing in the campground in the morning, taking it easy on the hills, up across Kinnney's field, like crossing the South Pole, with a howling wind, and home along the trail.  Then, in mid afternoon, the sun came out and I could not resist going out again, so I went skiing through the Victoria and Woodlawn woods, a beautiful afternoon, white trails, snow covered tree trunks and blue skies.  It's an easy thirty minute run, longer if I want to circle it twice.  I still have trouble slowing down or stopping if I encounter a hill of any magnitude so I used a tree once to stop my progress, not recommended.

Also, I was able to see a flock of swans swimming on the lake, very late for them, as they were on the open water, just in front of the campground, and seemed to nest on the edge of the ice, as the picture shows.  I could hear them, wondered what the sound was, and only when I went skiing was I able to see them in the water.  There were also huge flocks of buffleheads, bobbing in the water though they shy away if I walk towards the waters edge.

It was nice to sit down, have a glass of wine before dinner, enjoy dusk before getting dinner ready, tilapia, spinach, potatoes, and a salad.  We ended up watching more of Parenthood, tear jerkers for sure this season, as my sister Ellen mentioned.

Today, I am off to yoga at 9:00 and Evie is also going to the gym, so I better get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...