Saturday, January 12, 2013

Too Early Morning And Fog

Woodlawn Melt Friday Morning
Cardinal in Bushes
7:55 AM
Unfortunately, I am up at 5:00, total darkness for the past two hours as I sit here reading and writing on my Mac and foggy outside when I turn on the spot light.  It's 41º already at 6:45, not a hint of light yet, just a few lights on along Bemus bay.  Click and Clack are on the radio and Evie's up as well, a rare occurrence lately for both of us.   We must be riddled with guilt about something.

Yesterday was one of those ugly, disquieting Chautauqua days, the kind that makes you wish you had a condo in Florida or Gocek, Turkey(my preference), as the snow melts, the rains come, the roadways are blackened by soot, and you just want to stay inside, wrapped in a blanket, with a good book and a cup of Turkish tea, which I did.

Turkish Tea Cup





A Photo of Our House from Long Point

Fortunately, I took an early walk, around 8:00 as there is no yoga on Fridays,  through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, before it started raining and warming up, doing some bush whacking, making my own trails in the woods above Foster's in Victoria.  The ground was still covered with close to a foot of snow, so it was not easy going but I like doing this, like Daniel Day Lewis in THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, a trail blazer.  The lake is still mostly frozen, with pockets of open water but we will have to see what today's 50º weather brings, perhaps a kayak afternoon?

Woodlawn around 9:40

Kinney's Run

Because I wanted tas kebab(a simple Turkish stew with tomato paste, allspice and cinnamon) for dinner, I went to Mayville, to pick up some vegetables at Tops, get gas, buy some new heavy duty windshield wipers for my Honda( 25 bucks), and stopped in the Lighthouse, for stew meat, a couple of nice steaks, and a chicken salad sub for lunch.  It rained the entire trip, so I was happy to get home and not have to venture out again that afternoon.

We had tas kebab for dinner, served over mashed potatoes, with Brussels sprouts so I was a happy boy.  We watched a movie we heard about on Charlie Rose called SALMON FISHING IN YEMEN, with Ian Mc Gregor.  It was hardly worth watching though we stuck with it, melodramatic and predictable, a love story set in Yemen, where Mc Gregor goes to set up, improbably, a salmon river in the mountains of Yemen.  Cool scenery but that's about it.

Yoga this morning at 9:00, an easy and relaxing day, then dinner somewhere with the Mc Clures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...