Sunday, December 26, 2010

Waiting for the Blizzard to Hit or Miss

Sunday morning, the day after Christmas, and all is amiss, as the weatherman sings of storms to come, travel plans ruined, airports crowded with stranded passengers, and we sit here warm and happy, not needing to go anywhere till the storms over.  I hope I can be patient enough not to venture north till the storm passes but who knows, I don't like to wait around.  I want to hit the road again, keep  going, get to the next city, stop, rarely happy to stay in one place for long, as long as there is another place to arrive on the itinerary.  Why can't I just enjoy where I am at, as the mantra says:  To travel is better than to arrive.

It's 9:00, Drew and I have been up since 7:00, Halle 7:30, Evie around 8:00.  The other two lazy bums are still sleeping, including Coco whose preferred home in the morning is Jill's bed.  He hates to lounge around with us early risers when he can be in a warm, comfy bed.  Halle did bring Coco down when she got up but he soon found a gap in the kitchen door and raced upstairs.  I cannot say I miss him!  I didn't say that girls.

It looks like, if the weather mavens are correct, we will put off our trip for a day, heading to Darien on Tuesday rather than Monday, at least that's the way the weather seems to suggest.  Drew and Jill will head off tomorrow for his parents' house and we will stay here one more night, then head off, weather permitting on Tuesday, alas, most likely, missing a brief visit with Eric Gustavson and family on the way.  I guess this is the benefit of retiring; you don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, just in your head.

A few flurries and it's already 6:00 in the evening, so we are not going to get a blizzard in this area, just an inch or so, though I could eat my words tomorrow morning.  I think it gets worst the more you head north, especially in NYC, CT, and north of there.  Beth was just getting some snow around three though they were expecting much more  tonight and tomorrow morning.  We'll just have to wait and see what the night brings.  Spent the  afternoon watching the Browns lose, as the girls had friends over, and Drew and Jill went off to do some errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...