Saturday, December 18, 2010

Morning with the Bissells



I slept in till 7:30 and Drew was already up.  We sat watching CNN and had our computers but talked mostly about the sad state of affairs in our political, governmental, and military world, how they are seem bloated and wasteful, though it's almost impossible to change them, as everyone, as Drew said, is worried about keep their 'rice bowls' full.  Hayden got up, followed shortly by Halle, and they came and sat with me as we looked at photos from the summer and Thanksgiving.  Evie then got up and joined us, then Jill, so it was time to start breakfast.  Everyone wanted pancakes, so Evie and the girls got cooking.  It looks like a sunny day, thought there is still snow on the ground.  Jill and Drew are planning a shopping day, followed by dinner and a movie, so we get the girls for the day.  I forgot to mention Coco, the ball of white fur.  It took awhile for him to adjust to us, but now he jumps on my lap and falls asleep,  The girls love him, obviously, and he enjoys them, even if they carry him around.  He does seem to be Jill's baby, however, as she is the preferred lap.

Jill and I took Coco out for a short walk before she and Drew went off to the store.  Evie and the girls decorated Christmas cookies while I watched Kansas eke out another home victory.  Jill and Drew returned and decide to stay home and have pizza with us rather than going out for dinner and a movie.  They may go tomorrow depending on how energetic they feel.  They took off again to return some stuff to Pottery Barn and order a couple of new chairs.  Evie ended up playing hide and seek, while I looked at photos again with Hayden.  Kind of a lazy day after our drive yesterday and the girls seem content to just hang out in the house.  O, yea, I took a brief nap with Coco laying on my chest sleeping, legs up in the air, completely oblivious.  What can I say, dogs just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...