Monday, December 20, 2010

Hectic School Morning in Bristow



The girls got up a bit late, though they are up and eating breakfast now.  Halle sat with me and we looked at pictures from 2007, some of all of us in Florida at Christmas, many of Halle when she was a baby, and some of Christmas at Tom's in 2008, I think, when Jill and Drew were at Leavenworth.  Hayden tried to play the 'I am too sick to go to school game', but Granny was able to get her out of her mood and start laughing so it looks as though it's all go this morning for school.  We'll see.  It's partly cloudy outside, in the high 20's, and the snow still covers the ground though all the sidewalks and streets are clear.

We finally convinced Hayden to go to school, though we all thought she was not feeling up to snuff.  She seemed happy enough once she got going but I thought she looked pale.  Not much on the agenda today, other than Jill manning the welcome desk at school, and Evie will be going with her, to keep her company and see the girls in their school setting.  I think I will explore the area a bit, as I have no idea of the lay of the land here in Bristow other than there's a mall about three miles away.  I don't think there's much here, like most surburbia, other than shopping centers and older strip malls, no town centers.

Evie and Jill are at the girls' school and I am at the local shopping center, sitting at a Starbucks, staring out the window at Uno Pizza, Adoba Mexican Grill, The Bungalow Alehouse, Coldstone, and Papa
Johns...I could be anywhere in the US because right around the corner are all the big chain stores, the Best Buy, Target, Lowe's et al.  The shopping center is packed, making me wonder, once again, if anyone works anymore.  Most, myself included, just seem to spend money on non necessities, like a Venti at Starbucks, $2.21 including tax, I think.  No wonder I don't go to Starbuck anymore except on the rare occasion when I have on vacation.  There seems to be an older crowd at this Starbucks, or it's the time of the day.  Gosh, there are a few people older than me!  Better hit the road soon as Coco will need to taken for a walk soon...dogs, the bane of my vacationing life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...