Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Yoga Morning in Darien


It's 7:00 and I have been up for about an hour, watching TV and reading my email.  Chello was up as well and is in the living room reading.  I am sure she wants her quiet time so I have stayed in the TV room.  Beth just got up because we are going to yoga at the Y and I couldn't resist a everything bagel.

Beth and I just got back from yoga at the Y which I thoroughly enjoyed because it was called 'gentle yoga',  led by a guy my age, Robert, who paid special attention to me, a result of my being such a rookie and his realizing that I needed help.  He had a really nice way about him, and his yoga style was to show you how just slight stretching and variations of the stress can be just as good a vigorous warrior pose like stuff.  This seemed the kind of yoga I would really enjoy and I think he caters to and older crowd as he kept talking about how this helps the older people avoid falling and getting hurt.  I think he was addressing this to me in particular but I could be paranoid.  He said he I like, he would send me some of the poses that he thinks would benefit me, especially those using the wall.  Beth's friend Nancy was also there, an aficionado like Beth, and we toured the facility.  The workout area is amazing, probably 50 or more treadmills and ellipticals,  all with a view of the ocean front.  Pretty amazing for a Y.

We then went to get coffee, then hit Palmers and the bookstore to pick up goodies for dinner, a couple of reading books for Halle.  It's about 11:00 and I'm eating my yoga, listening to Tyler complain about the fact that he has to give up his room to Jill and Drew (Mitch sits here smiling, knowing he gets to keep his room and Tyler doesn't).  Boys!

Took Tyler to the train so he could go work out at Fairfield with other members of his crew team.  Of course, he lost his ticket and had not money, so once again, Baba forked over some cash for the lost boy.  I then went and got my car washed, came home, walked Cody with Mitchell, and then Mitch, Marisa, Evie and I played out in the snow for an hour, just before dusk, thus the pictures.  Jill and Drew are not here yet and the last we heard, they were stuck on the New Jersey Turnpike.  I hope they are not delayed  long because they will also have trouble on their way to Darien.

Drew and Jill arrive about 4:00, a 7 1/2 hour drive, with lots of traffic and tolls.  The focus, of course, was the two dogs, Cody and Coco, and how they would get along.  Coco was the aggressor, and poor Cody had to put up with Coco's curiosity about a new friend.  At least they don't seem interested in fighting, and seem to put up with each other.

For dinner, we had Beth's chicken thighs  stuffed with goat cheese, noodles and salad...yum.  The girls ate pretty well and though Rami did not arrive till late, it was a fun dinner.  We sat around the table when Rami arrived and had dinner, and the girls went upstairs to play in Marisa's bedroom.  Mitch and Tyler played games on the TV and the adults ended up watching TV in the living room before heading off to bed around 10:30, as Rami had to work tomorrow, Chello was heading home early, and everyone was whooped from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...