Thursday, December 9, 2010

There Is A Sun



Unbelievably, the eastern sky is pink, with gray blue clouds, but it's the first morning since we returned where a partly sunny sky was evident.  As a result, I think, it's also much colder this morning, 17 degrees, the coldest its been this month.  I am off to the breakfast club at 8:00l, my first time with four guys who all used to work for CI.  When I return, Evie is off to the mall, to get her hair done and shop, both grocery and presents, so she won't be back till mid afternoon.  I am very happy to be staying home!  I would go crazy and drive her crazy as well.  Sunrise is at 7:32 today.

It's 11:30, the house is quiet, as Evie's off getting her hair done and shopping and I am busy getting caught up on email and things like that.  Breakfast was quite tasty, my favorite, corn beef hash with two poached eggs and toast.  Everyone was there, so it was fun to see Dick, Charlie, and Stan, and meet Joe Johnson, another CI executive who, unfortunately, is about to start a prostate radiation.  So, much of our time was spent talking about our illnesses, advising Joe, as Stan had already had an operation and Dick's wife may have leukemia, though it's not clear how serious it is.  So, not the most fun but I think I will fit in and they are all good guys.  They have the common interest and knowledge of everything to do with the CI and its residents, so I am at a bit of a loss when they talk about it.  Still, we are meeting next Thursday before many of us take off for the holidays

The pictures were taken at sunrise because its the first morning of sun since we returned from Tommy's house in KC two weeks ago.  Quite a span of gray skies, cold and snow.

It's 4:00 and Evie, having left at 9:00, has not come home yet, so shopping hard, I hope, so most of it will be done!  I have been on the phone with Apple for close to an hour, trying to get my apple email account working.  The helper tried everything and eventually closed down my account and reopened it and it finally works.  He also helped with some other simple things that I was having trouble with, like sending more than ten photos in an email.  It's been partly sunny all day, with no a trace of snow, a relief but most likely not for long.  Another storm is coming this Sunday, just as we head in to Linda and Rich's for the dinner and an overnight.

1 comment:

  1. WOW you got lots of snow I wish I could be there! Marlena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...