Saturday, July 7, 2018

Sunny And A Chilly 50º Morning

6:03

7:10

Kayaking Along Long Point's Shore
 I was up just in time to see the sunrise at 6:02 and was surprised by the need for a fleece even in the house.  Clear skies and a bright sun greeted me as I walked out to take a photograph.  Also, I was welcomed by the roar of bass boats, as a tournament begins, and the quacking of ducks.  Kayaking was fine this morning, as I paddled over to the Long Point Bathhouse, along the shade of Long Point, over to Sandy Bottom and home.  Not much waterfowl action as the bass boats tend to drive them away from the shorelines.  All was not lost as I did get a photograph of a shorebird, probably a sandpiper, and a couple of uglies, a squirrel and turkey vultures.

Sandpiper
Squirrel 

Turkey Vultures
Yesterday, like today, was quite a change from the heat and humidity of the previous four or five days.  I tried to get in a paddle but the winds and chop sent me home early, without any photographs.  When I returned, Evie was out in the yard watering her garden, using the sump pump which sends lake water through three hoses to our backyard garden.  I had my breakfast, finished the blog, and the two of us, then made up a list because I was driving off to Wegman's to shop. 

I left about 10:00 and stopped at the bank, then on to a busy Wegman's.  I was surprised to find the sockeye salmon at half price so that it was cheaper than the farm raised.  A no-brainer, I picked up a pound and a half for last night's dinner and today's lunch, a salmon salad.  I was able to find a quick line despite the crowd and was home by noon.  I was excited to watch the World Cup, as my favorite, France, was taking on Uruguay at 10:00, so I had it saved.  I made myself a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes, piled some of Linda's leftover potato salad on my plate, and turned on the game.  For the next two hours, I watched France dominate, with a 2-0 victory and have changed my mind about my favorite player; it's now Antoine Griezmann, not Kkylian Mbappe.  Mbappe basically was no factor, acted like an obnoxious 19-year-old, whereas Grizemann was tireless, dominated the game and scored a goal.

Meanwhile, Evie tried to enjoy life on the dock but the winds, the gusts, ended up being too much for her, so she had to put her chaise lounge in the side yard, away from the wind.  Around 3:30, I started emptying my garage so it would dry out from the rain and pressure washing from the past week.  And I noticed that many of the bottoms of the 2x4's that hold up the roof are rotting so I will have to do something about it. 

Around 6:30, Evie pulled the salmon, asparagus and salad makings out the refrigerator and put together our dinner, salmon with a citrus/mustard/soy sauce, roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese, and a tossed salad.  The salmon was as good as billed, worth the half price, as was the salad and asparagus.  We finished the series MARCELLA, and are glad it's over with.  The ending is worth watching again because it's so ridiculous, setting us up for a third season.  We do not recommend the series.  We ended the night enjoying Evie's favorite dessert, Nutty Buddies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...