Saturday, July 21, 2018

A Gusty Morning On The Lake

Silly Selfie In The Tree

Cone Flowers Pre-Bloom

5:50

5:51

6:10
A colorful sky this morning, clouds and sunrise, as the wind chimes continue to ring, compliments of a constant 15-20 mile hour wind.  It started late yesterday afternoon and has been blowing for the past 15 hours. It's going to be a challenge to kayak this morning but I think I am up to it.

Kayaking On Rough Seas

My Good Friend, Henry
Yesterday was a let's put Beth and Marisa to work day.  The day did not start for them until mid-morning.  I was up at my usual time, kayaking, and finishing up the blog.  Around 10:30, we started cleaning the front porch, taking off all the furniture, then washing down the floor, washing the windows, a cleaning it definitely needed.

Happy Painters
Then, for the next hour, Marisa, Beth, and Evie worked on scraping the peeling paint off the front porch steps.  Once that was done, Evie got out the paint and brushes and Marisa and Beth put a couple of coats of paint on the risers, finishing just in time for lunch.  While they were painting, Evie drove me to the Keystone Garage, where I picked up my 2000 Honda Accord, which passed, again, the safety inspection, good for another year. Cool beans.


Painting Risers
For lunch, Beth made Marisa and me a feta and tomato omelet, toasted bagels, and we were happy with our day, risers painted, car back home, a tasty lunch.  We were invited over to our neighbor's yard for a birthday celebration at 2:30, cake and ice cream.  I, unfortunately, slept through it, a two hour, much-needed nap.  From what I hear, the Wegman's cake was delicious.

Our Neighbors Birthday Party
Birthday Siblings, Then and Now
We relaxed on the newly cleaned porch, some took naps but we never really ventured on to the dock to get some sun because of the wind.  Around 5:00, the girls took showers and Evie and I showered in the lake.  We drove off to Bemus for a fish fry at the Seezurh House.  I had trouble finding a parking spot it was so busy but the Seezurhr bar area was half empty so we had no trouble finding a table despite the fact the porch was busy.  The three of us had fish fries, Marisa a chicken sandwich, decent but not great.  The bad part, it was so noisy, that we had a hard time hearing each other talk, so it was not my favorite night at the restaurant.  Give me January, a Thursday night, when we are the only ones there along with Linda and Ron.  We had to get ice cream cones, of course, Marisa getting her usual, raspberry cheesecake.  We were home around 8:00 and sat around talking and checking out our devices until 9:30 when we watched a Bob's Burger episode about getting a new couch.  Evie wants one and Marisa doesn't want us to part with it since its the only one she has known and she loves it.  My sympathies are with her but somehow I think Evie may win out.  We were all in bed by 10:30, listening to the wind howl.

A Dahlia A Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...