Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Blue Skies And A Silent, Calm, Morning On The Lake


5:40

6:04

6:05
Not much action here at the lake at 6:30.  I have been up since 5:30, waiting for the sun to rise...it did and now I am listening to Morning Joe discuss the new nominee to the Supreme Court.  Neither one of us has been listening much to the news programs lately and it has been good for our mental health.
And on my morning paddle, an amazing cloudy sky made up for a lack of any wild life other than hordes of turkey vultures on the shores of Long Point.
Paddling East

Could Not Decide Which Was The Better Photo

Mallards In The Morning
Yesterday morning was a duplicate of today, a quiet morning sunrise, blue skies, and comfortable morning temperatures.  I also had a great paddle, with a first, photos of cardinals on the shoreline. After breakfast and finishing up the blog, we both went out in the yard, spending most of the morning as we have been doing recently, watering from the lake, weeding, trimming the hedges, and spreading mulch, what I call a never-ending task.  Keeping up with gardens and yards needs constant tending but ultimately, we enjoy it.  O, yea, Evie also cut the lawn despite the heat, in stages with lots of water breaks, the promise of a swim when she finished.  And that was it for the day as far as work was concerned.

By 2:00, Evie was in her bathing suit under the umbrella on the dock, ready to read and enjoy the afternoon.  I was in the TV room eating my lunch, a frozen leftover, baked ziti, just the right amount for my lunch.  And I began a thriller set in the Middle East called FAUDA (chaos).   It depicts the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with some degree of fairness despite being filmed in Israel.  I then read some, took a nap and around 3:00 went out to join Evie on the dock.  I soon became bored, however, and decided to do some weeding, working at it for a good forty-five minutes, another neverending task.  At least there's some reward...a dock filled with cut weeds, ready to be taken up the hill once dried.

View From The Lenhart Hotel's Front Porch
Our friends, Linda and Ron, called around 4:00, wondering if we wanted to go for a beer on the Lenhart Hotel's front porch, then dinner at the Seezurh House.  It was an offer hard to refuse, so they picked us up at 6:20 and we were having a beer on the Lenhart by 6:45, watching the sun start its decline to the West.  We have been doing this, sitting on the porch with a libation, for close to 37 years and it never gets old.  We then had dinner at our other old standby, the Seezurh House.  I had the fish fry, Evie a pork chop with applesauce, so we were both happy.  We were home by 9:15, missing the Trump  Reality Show at 9:00, alas.  I couldn't wait to bet back to my book, so I went up to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...