Thursday, July 12, 2018

Blue Skies, Sunny, And Warm...It's Getting Boring

Ready For Our Family
I was up at 5:20 to what Homer called a 'rosy-fingered dawn.'  I would call it rouge, the color of the powder my mother would put on her cheeks. Off towards Long Point, the fog is rising and slowly moving north and I am sitting here in my fleece because it's a chilly 52º.  No kayaking this morning as we are leaving at 6:30 for Jamestown where Evie will get her colonoscopy. The bad part, the prep, is mostly over. 

5:40

5:50

6:02

6:05
Yesterday was a different day, mostly because Evie was going through the uncomfortable ordeal of prepping for a colonoscopy.  Our morning, actually, was fine, as I got in a paddle with Barb, finished up the blog and Evie and Barb went for a dip before Barb left for a gathering of old friends and headed home.  We did some watering of the red twigs(they like wet feet), and later, the two of us waded out into the lake and spent close to hour cutting weeds, gathering them and then putting them on the dock to dry.

By noon we were finished and Evie began her prep so she did not do much the rest of the day, staying inside, close to the facilities.  I had the leftover pizza for lunch, read, napped, then both Evie and I watched the World Cup as Croatia, a country of four million, outplayed England and won in extra time 2-1.  It was a great game as England seemed to have the game under control until about the 60th minute when Croatia scored and gained the momentum.  It was an amazing accomplishment for the  Croats, their first ever World Cup Final.

Around 5:30, I gathered the weeds, put them in the garbage cans and took them up the hill.  For dinner, I ordered my favorite sandwich from the Ashville General Store, the Hijacker, which is close to a Cuban and drove off and picked it up at 6:30.  By the time I returned home, Evie was starving so I ate my sandwich outside on the porch so she wouldn't smell the sandwich.  Drinking liquids and various other solutions most of the day is not fun, certainly not filling.  When the procedure is over tomorrow, we are hitting Five Guys on the way home...just kidding.

We spent the evening catching up on a couple of Stephen Colbert shows, some news before Evie decided to go up to bed early, sick and tired of not being able to eat.  I stayed up and watched another episode of my noon time series, FAUDA, before going up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...