Monday, July 2, 2018

More Of The Same...Hot And Humid


6:00

6:01

6:08
It's 6: 40 and I have been up since 5:20, to a warm morning on the lake, a muted sunrise, a practically empty lake after yesterday's busy Sunday parade of boats.  We will have a days reprieve before everyone arrives for the 4th of July on Wednesday.

Kayak Morning 7:00

Wading In The Lake
Empty Nesters?
Yesterday, as predicted, was sultry, lots of sun and heat, making even boating uncomfortable, at least for Evie and me.  I was up early, out on the lake with my kayak, before the heat turned up as were other kayakers, taking advantage of the early morning coolness and a calm lake,  When I returned, I jumped in the lake, to cool off and get my mojo back because Evie had some projects in mind.  First, we closed all the windows, hoping to keep the house cool.  We then worked in the TV room, hanging some new drapes that Evie found at Kmart of all places.  We both took a swim before Evie rewarded my handyman efforts with another big breakfast. 

By the time we finished eating, it was getting warm, so Evie decided to prep dinner, chicken picata, so that little would need to be done later in the day.  So she made up the lemon/vermouth sauce and sauteed chicken breasts and that was basically it for our chores until dinner time.  Evie then went out in the yard to read under our maple trees, where an occasional breeze would waft through the leaves.  I watched World Cup on and off during much of the afternoon, started two books before discovering I had read them already.  How aggravating.  And around 4:00, I began the never summer task of cutting weeds in our swimming area.  I was out in the water for about forty-five minutes, cutting weeds, dragging in the moss that seems to be everywhere this time of the year.  When I was done, Evie joined me and we both took a cooling off swim before wine time.

The Belle, The Belle
We sat in our yard, enjoying the end of the afternoon, with a beer, as the lake slowly calmed down, the heat begin to dissipate.  We stayed in our yard until 7:00, then came in and Evie made the rice, tossed a salad, and heated up the chicken in the vermouth/lemon sauce.  And we had a great dinner for an awfully warm early evening on the lake.  We contemplated eating outside but decided it was still too warm, so we ate in our TV room and watched the final episode of GOLIATH.  We are happy it's over because it was not up to its previous season.  We then did some channel surfing, waiting for THE AFFAIR to come on at 9:00 and it, too, bored us with the talk, the lack of action.  Where is the affair, what happened to the excitement?  Nada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...