Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hallelujah.....We Got Rain


A Loving Couple

Hanging Out In The Trees...After A Spate?
Well, we finally got some rain yesterday late afternoon and evening, an inch and a half.  We certainly needed it as its been over three weeks. It's gunmetal gray this morning, lake and sky, 69º, and we may get a few more showers this morning. My paddle started out on calm seas, a gray lake, finished on a choppy sea, partly sunny sky, and a sweat.  I did photo a pair of herons, at lake's edge and after I scared them off, they settled down in the trees.

Beginning An Early Morning Paddle At 7:05
Yesterday was another miserable day on the lake, hot and humid, with temperatures getting into the 90's.  At 8:30, the guys from Jamestown Mattress arrived, took our new mattress away to the factory, where they added some padding to make it softer and returned it by 3:30, one of the virtues of buying a mattress from them.  We pitied the poor guys who spent the day delivering mattresses and gave a nice tip for their efforts.

After my paddle early morning and a swim to cool off,  I cannot remember much of anything that I did other than exist.  My major effort was driving to Mayville, to renew my license, pick up some sweet corn, and stop at the Lighthouse Grocery for a sub sandwich.  That was it for me although I did read quite a bit in both the morning and afternoon.  Evie, however, found things to keep her busy although she too tended to stay in the house.  And she spent a good amount of time in her garden, watering and doing some weeding.

Around 4:30, Evie put together our dinner, chicken masala, and then we got a couple of onerous tasks out of the way.  First, we made the bed with the new mattress.  Then, I took a chair outside, Evie got out the hair cutting scissors, and I got a much-needed shearing.  Just as we were finishing up, it started to drizzle but Evie marshaled on until I was a 'young boy' again.  We both worked up a sweat so we went out on the dock with a beer, watched the rain clouds move in, then took a swim just before it started to rain.

Stormy Weather At 7:00
We had dinner around 7:15, just as it started to pour and the winds picked up, shaking the trees, swirling the lake water.  Our Indian spiced dinner was great, especially with yogurt and we watched another episode of SHARP OBJECTS  and THE AFFAIR.  It rained off and on during the evening, cooling off the house so it was pleasant when we went upstairs to bed.
'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...