Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sultry, Muggy, Oppressive, Sweltering, Just Plain Hot

6:04
It's 6:40 and its a warm, hazy morning on the lake.  I was up at 6:04, just after the sun rose over Long Point.  At the moment, our windows are open as the temperature is a comfortable 68º, probably 90º by noon.  The lake is surprisingly quiet this morning despite its being busy yesterday afternoon.  The vacationers have arrived.  A bit late with the blog this morning.  I did get in some kayaking and was happy to get a photo of a heron just before I headed up.  And we both went for a swim and relaxed on the dock some before coming in and finishing up the blog.

Kayak Morning

Heron Perch
Yesterday was disgustingly hot, making both of us long for fall, the winter and it's not even July 4th.  We are going to have a long wait. I did get in a long paddle over to Sunset Bay and back before it warmed up although I did not see any waterfowl, just fishing boats.  When I got back, we shut up the house and Evie started cleaning out the refrigerator, gathering trash so I could go to the Transfer Station.  When I returned home, around 11:00, I fell asleep watching the France/Argentina World Cup game.  I watched the entire game later in the afternoon, an amazing win for France and their young 18-year-old phenom, Mbappe, not your usual French-sounding name.

In Front Of Our Wall
For some reason, after the cat nap, I was energized despite the heat and to Evie's delight, I stripped off my shirt, fired up the lawn mower and despite the heat, mowed the lawn in little over a half hour, then took a swim to cool off.  I felt righteous, having cut the lawn despite the heat.  As a reward for my efforts, Evie made me a delicious quesadilla, with avocados, tomatoes, and cheese.  Yum.  We both then sat and watched the rest of the France/Argentina game as France outplayed Argentina and deserved to win.  They are my favorite to win it all.

And that was it for me for the rest of the day,  I fell asleep around 1:30 and took a long nap, waking around 2:30 and not feeling very refreshed.  Evie was outside on a chaise lounge, under the tree, taking it easy on her back, enjoying the shade and an occasional breeze.  I joined her briefly and both of us read while it stayed cool.  I did not stay long and came in to read and watched the first 15 minutes of the Portugal/Uruguay game.  Around 5:00, we pulled a couple of frosty glasses and beers out of the refrigerator and sat down with our neighbors, Bill and Joyce, until it was time for dinner.

For dinner, we had the leftover pizza from Friday night, with a salad, and we were happy, little effort and the pizza was still good.  We watched Bill Maher's Real Time, the two episodes of GOLIATH before going up to our bedroom and turned on the air conditioner and set it for an hour, too cool the room off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...