Friday, February 12, 2016

This Winter's First: A Single Digit Morning...9º


7:16
7:20 - Barely Visible Fishing Huts
I was awake at 5:30, lay in bed until 6:00 when I got up, turned on the coffee, walked outside to feel the cold, turned on the fireplace, and settled down in the morning darkness, with a blanket to keep me warm.  It's now 6:50, as the lake is now visible, the sky gray, and Evie has just come downstairs, to join me on this very cold morning.  No one is out fishing yet, too cold perhaps?  Oops, just saw a couple of huts over by the Long Point Pavilion.

12:38 - Yesterday Afternoon
Windy Morning And Old Glory
Yesterday began with a quick shoveling of the parking area and cleaning the snow off the car before driving on snowy roads to yoga.  As long as I take my time, it's not bad but you can never trust other drivers to slow down as well.  A typical class, working this time on chest openings, then the drive home in decent weather, the sun even popped out briefly.  I did a quick stop for some groceries at our new discount grocery store, mostly empty as usual, so that I wonder how they survive.  When I got home, Evie was worn out from working in the kitchen, making a cauliflower soup, beer bread and coleslaw for last night's dinner, as well as a mess of meatballs, to freeze, to pull out whenever we felt like spaghetti and meatballs or a sub.  She wanted, however, to get her workout in, so off she went to the Y, leaving me 'home alone,' to heat my soup and  toast a bagel and spread it with cream cheese.  I easily handled it.

Ham Night With Linda and Ron
I then watched some Sports Center, read and napped before Evie returned in a snowstorm, of course, which began just as she finished at the Y.  Brief whiteouts but she took her time so she made it home easily.  We both kicked back until about 5:00 when Evie started getting things together for dinner because the McClures had just arrived back at the lake and were coming over for dinner.  We laugh about our dinner, a ham from Tops which I bought in December but all of us seem to love a ham dinner, so we easily filled up with slices of ham, coleslaw, sweet potatoes, pumpkins rolls, beer bread, and Valentine Cookies for dessert.  It was a fun evening, lots of catching up since they have been away for a couple of weeks and lots of music, as Evie showed off the new Apple Music library, allowing her to play almost any tune.  Amazing.  Linda and Ron left around 9:30 and though it had snowed some, it did not seem to be a problem for them as they headed back to Mayville.  We watched a bit of the debate though soon tired of the same old lines and turned to junk TV to relax.
In Vino Veritas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...