Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Crystal Clear Morning Sky


6:32
6:34
7:34
I have been up since 6:30, listening to Morning Joe tout the virtues of Donald Trump, or rather his ability to not answer a question, to fudge an answer to the extent that you go onto something else.  It's a great morning sky, in contrast, clear for the most part, with some clouds hanging out over the Bemus Point shoreline.  It's a chilly 5º, a  result of the clear sky and will get up to the 20's later in the day, a perfect combination for cross country skiing.  And instead of a disc rising, rays of sunshine straight up in the air, as if there's a fire.  Strange.  I do not remember seeing this until this winter.  Climate change?  Coincidence?  It's now 7:18 and the sun has risen, filling the living room with his light, turning the lake orange,

Fog Rising Over Long Point At 9:20 In The Morning
Yesterday was another day of light snow on and off during the day, an accumulation of perhaps three or four inches, enough, however, to get me out with my shovel to clear the parking area once again. This is getting tiresome!  I drove to Lakewood to yoga, walked into the studio and it was empty...class was at 10:00, not 9:30 idiot!  So I went to Ryder's Cup, had a cup of java, reread the Post Journal, then meandered back to class at 10:00, with Jen.  It's always a good class, most of the same people, who seem to come only on Wednesdays.  Afterwards, I drove straight home since I already had my coffee.  Evie was ready to head off to do some shopping, for groceries as well as the Y.  I wished her good luck, happy to be home, with a lunch of leftover pot roast and a bagel.  I did not have time to stick with my routine of TREME, reading and a nap because I had a dentist appointment at 2:00.  An hour later, I was on my way home after an uncomfortably long filling of a cavity.  Not much fun.  When I got home, I did some more shoveling and as I was finishing, Evie drove in, around 3:30, with a car loaded with groceries. I helped her cart the groceries in, finished the shoveling and came in to relax for a while before going out to dinner.

Hello

A Well Fed Male Cardinal
At 6:00, we drove in a light snow to Ron and Linda's, enjoyed a beer and some cheese and crackers with them before driving to the VFW, a couple miles up the road from them.  We have been there a number of times over the years for wings on Wednesday night.  There were about ten people sitting around the bar, another couple eating wings, and us.  We got our usual, wings and sweet potato fries. They were cooked well, nice and meaty and the Yuengling drafts were fine.  We were home by 8:45, in time to watch some tv before going upstairs to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...