Saturday, February 6, 2016

A Good Looking Morning Sky


6:45
7:45
I was up at 6:20, surprised by a crescent moon, some visible clouds, some light by 6:30.  Now, at 7:10, the eastern sky is a gray band just above the shoreline, then pink, gray and cream above, as the morning attempts to clear.  It's 27º and should be a sunny but cold, in the 30's, kind of day.  And two fishermen are out in the middle...how they got there is a mystery because most of the shore is not frozen.

The only major change to yesterday's routine of yoga for me, a work out for Evie, was our meeting at the eye doctor office in Jamestown, to pick out a new pair of glasses since I have yet to find mine. We pretty much knew the frames I wanted, light and unbreakable, not too hip but classic, something I will still like in five years.  Once the frames were picked out, the hard part began, as there all kinds of choices for lens and coatings, each more bucks.  Fortunately, I do have some insurance so the total for my frames and lens was around two hundred when I was thinking I might have to spend four hundred dollars.  A deal?

Afterwards, we stopped at Sam's Club, to pick up a few things and a rotisserie chicken, big enough usually for at least two dinners, perhaps a lunch.  We were good about buying something we did not need, always the temptation at a store like this.  We then went our separate ways, Evie to work out, me home to make lunch.  I put a few pieces of sliced pork between a couple of tortillas with cheese and jalapenos and browned them in a pan.  With homemade vegetable soup, I had a good lunch,  I watched another episode of TREME and made some headway with my book FOREVER.  I should finish it some time today.

Reflections On Woodlawn Creek
Snow Covered Victoria/Woodlawn
Evie was back around 2:00 and we whiled away the afternoon doing little.  I did take a walk again, through the snow covered woods, the ground covered with animal tracks and for the first time, I think I observed the tracks of rabbits.  It was fun to compare my walk in the snow covered woods with my walks the previous two days, when there was no snow.

Long Point, Late Afternoon
The Sun, The Sun
When I got home, since I have been hankering after something chocolate, Evie and I quickly put together a brownie mix.  I then peeled some potatoes for dinner while Evie decorated cookies for Valentines Day.  After the cookies, we relaxed with a glass of wine before putting together our dinner of rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a salad.  We watched the first episode of the six part O. J. Simpson mini series.  It was fairly compelling and interesting to see all the details that we had forgotten about the six months of drama.  This particular episode ended with his memorable Bronco ride on a LA  freeway, with police and media helicopters following him, as the nation watched.

We ended the night watching an interesting documentary featuring the best of Super Bowl Half Time shows.  The NFL began bringing rock stars to the half time in 1993 with Michael Jackson, mostly because other news channels like FOX were luring away the audiences at half time with shows of their own.  Because the NFL was losing revenue and audience, their solution was to get rid of the traditional marching bands and bring on the rock stars.  It worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...