Friday, February 5, 2016

Frosting In The Morning


7:50
Back Out Again On The Lake At 7:45
I have been up since 6:00 and just now, at 7:00, the whiteness has appeared, on the lake and yard. The green, green grass of yesterday has disappeared under a thin layer of snow.  It's chilly once again, 26º, what a contrast to the 60º of a couple of days ago.  There will not be much accumulation, alas, an inch or two of snow at the most, good enough to hike on but not ski.

No big changes yesterday other than the fact that I misplaced or lost my glasses, on the way from my car to yoga class.  After class, I went to put on my glasses, usually in the pocket of my fleece and they were not there.  I searched the room, walked out to my car looking carefully at the ground, checked my car, called home to see if I left them there, but no go.  I went home and actually drove back to the studio to check, once again the area and the studio but nothing.  I assume someone must have picked them up but what they did with them,  I don't know.  The studio was going to call if they found them but I have heard nothing so far.  This morning, I will check in, hoping they have been found but I doubt it.  So, I will have to drive to Spectrum, my eye doctor's office, and order a new pair.  I have not had new frames in almost six years, so it's not a big deal.  But I would love to know where the glasses went.  Infuriating.

So that was yesterday morning, basically a bust.  After all the searching, upstairs, downstairs and in various drawers, Evie gave up and drove off to Lakewood for her workout after spending the morning making cut out valentine cookies.  I had lunch, soup and a leftover burger, heated up and still good.  More of TREME because I too soon get tired of the talk on Sports Center, especially the Super Bowl hype.  Then, on to the living room, to read and take a nap.  Interestingly, as I was leaving yoga yesterday, one of the women was talking about how she loved her naps.  We commiserated and a second joined in, agreeing with us, what a great thing a nap is, usually right after a good lunch.  I am not alone and will continue to struggle against feeling guilty about 'wasting time,' by taking a nap.

Victoria/Woodlawn
Evie was home around 3:00 just as I was dressed and ready to take another walk through the woods. It was a walk similar to the day before, a woods devoid of undergrowth, snow, just a layer of leaves. I ran in to my neighbor, John, and he and his wife are taking off next week for Ottawa to ice skate. There's a river that flows through the city, freezes, and five miles of it is used for iceskating, where you can skate from one restaurant to another.  They went last year  and loved it.  I wish I knew how to skate!

Long Point at 4:00 PM
We had our usual pre prandial wine with pita chips and hummus.  I forgot to mention the celery and carrots, our sop to health.  Dinner was already made as Evie put together Cuban sandwiches before we sat down,  French rolls with mayo, mustard, dill pickles, Swiss cheese, pork and ham, then heated on a grill until the cheese melts  They were great, my favorite sandwich.  We watched American Crime Story, then American Idol before turning to the debate between Bernie and Hilary.  It was actually pretty interesting, with two thoughtful candidates,  and both did well, probably because the Republican debates have set the bar so low.  As usual, I had enough of politics by 10:00 and went upstairs to read.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...