Thursday, February 25, 2016

Overcast Morning As Winter Returns Later In The Day


7:15
I was up at 6:40, to a dreary morning of gray, freezing rain, 36º, with 1-3 inches of snow forecast for later in the day as temperatures fall.  This weekend, however, looks warm again, in the 40's, with lots of sun, as if the weather gods cannot make up their minds, or just a Chautauqua Lake winter.

Yesterday we had rain on and off during the day, discouraging most but not all of the fishermen.  Some don't mind the rain I guess.  Anyways, I had a good yoga class, though getting into the building in the pouring rain was a problem.  It's been awhile since we have had a heavy rain.  Four of my friends from Ryder's Cup were in class, two moms, their two daughters.  And a couple of guys, so it was a Chautauqua diverse class,  I had to stop at Ryder's for a coffee, said aloha to Joyce, the owner's parents, then drove home in more rain, wondering if I washed my car a day early.

When I got home, Evie was busy on the computer, scouring thousands of photos for our grandson, Nick's, graduation party.  Lunch was a western, on bread, along with vegetable soup and another episode of NARCOS.  Got to get my violence fix for the day.

Evie took off for the Y around 2:00 with a package to return to L. L. Bean, with free returns if we use their Visa card.  It makes buying something easy.  She also returned two of her bargain athletic shoes at the mall.  When Evie got home, I had already had my siesta, read, listened to the radio, so I wanted to get some exercise even though it was wet out.  So I took a forty minute walk through the dreary looking campground, with pods of snow, bare trees, empty trailers and a guy taking his two Labs out for a run, driving a golf cart.  I had to laugh as it looked like both he and dogs were having fun.

Late Afternoon Fog Arrives
When I got home, Evie had gotten dinner ready, breaded chicken thighs,  which were baking in the oven.  We sat down to wine time when I got phone call from a good high school, college, and teaching friend who lives on Maui.  He and his son have visited us a couple of times here at the lake, even in the winter, and he will be visiting again in mid March.  We talked for a good forty five minutes, before I had to say good bye because of dinner.  He's my age but has a son about ready to head off to college.

Wine Time
Dinner was great, fried chicken like even though it was baked, along with cole slaw and leftover noodles from our scallops and pasta .  And we watched a touching film called INFINITELY POLAR BEAR, about a bipolar father who struggles to take care of his daughters when his wife goes off to New York City for grad school.  The ebbs and flows of his moods, the way his daughters are embarrassed by him yet cope, understand and grow, makes for a truthful depiction of love, of a father and his daughters, as they struggle with his bipolarity.  I recommend it.  Afterwards, we watched some politics, what else is there these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...