Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Waiting For Sun To Rise On A Ten Below Cloudless Morning

7:02
7:40
Up at 6:30, surprised by the temperature, so I went outside to pick up the paper and agreed, it's cold outside.  At the moment, 7:10, the sky is beginning to turn light blue, pink above the tree line.  And a fisherman just walked out in the middle of the lake, despite the cold.  Dedication.

Yesterday was a bore of a day, no yoga because I had another car appointment at 10:00, the second day in a row.  So I drove to the dealer, dropped my car off, was told it would be an hour, walked to Tops to get some exercise, found what I was looking for in the Hispanic section, Masa flour for making tortillas at home.  Walked back to the dealer, found that when trying to fix part A, they found part B was so rusty that I needed a new part.  So two hours later, I walked out to my car, with another hefty bill, but it started up, drove nicely.  I then stopped at Brigotta's again, to pick up another two heads of cabbage (29 cents a pound) because we are going to make a large batch of cabbage rolls this week.  Then I stopped at Sam's for gas, 2.41 a gallon, a deal for New York State.

So ended my morning at the car dealer and I hope to stay away for a couple of months.  I did have another great lunch, like Monday, an avocado, tomato, lettuce, and mayo sandwich on homemade bread.  I could eat this every day.  We watched Jon Stewart and The Nightly Show, which is taking Stephen Colbert's place.  It's going to take awhile to see if we like it, but we will give it time.  If it's successful, Larry Wilmore will be the only black comedian on a late night show.  It defintely has a minority slant, with many different points of view.

Nothing exciting the rest of the day, some reading, TV and a nap.  Love my naps.  Around 4:00, we decided to brave the cold and headed out to the lake to cross country ski, a bad decision.  We hardly made it to the end of Woodlawn, before the cold and wind forced us back towards Victoria.  By the time we got to Victoria, Evie was ready to head in, her fingers frozen.  I was wearing mittens, so I was able to stay out longer, skiing down the road to Lehman's, then out on the lake, and back home. But it was cold, too cold to enjoy.

About 5:15, I peeled some potatoes, Evie trimmed some brussels sprouts, and pulled the leftover meatloaf out of the refrigerator.  We then listened to POTUS with a glass of wine until we  got hungry around 6:30.  So we heated up the meatloaf, boiled and mashed the potatoes, and steamed and then pan roasted the brussels sprouts in butter.  We then binged on The Americans, as we ate our dinner, watching four episodes from Season Two.  That took us up to bed time, so I went upstairs to read and Evie stayed downstairs to watch a little more TV before coming up to bed.

It's now 7:38 and I am waiting for the sun to rise to take a final photograph of the morning.  It's becoming dark pink over Tom's Point.  Here comes the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...