Tuesday, January 27, 2015

No Blizzard, Just Frigid Temperatures, An Inch Of Snow

Just Remembering
7:45
Up at 6:45, to a darkened house.  I turned on the coffee, went in and turned on the TV to watch the weather on the East Coast.  It looks like lots of snow, but so far, most of the cities seem to be handling it though it could get worst up towards Boston.  I just listened to the Governor of CT and he said there was little loss of power, and the State seems in decent shape.  Noone is on the roads, so it will be a day inside for most residents. It's 15º here, windy but no snow, a couple fisherman out on the lake now, at 7:35.

Yesterday I got back in routine, sort of, and went to Yin Yoga.  I had not been in a week so it was good to see everyone again, and stretch my limbs to their max.  It was a cold morning but we had a big class for us, twelve ladies and moi.  I did not stop for coffee because I knew I would be heading out at 12:30 to get an oil change on my Pilot, check out a strange noise in the front end.  For lunch, Evie made delicious avocado and tomato sandwiches on my homemade bread, toasted, and it was like something out of a gourmet diner.  We loved the sandwiches, and the bread especially tasted healthy and crunchy.  I left at 12:30, dropped my car off at 1:00 and walked over to Tops to waste some time, bought a Tim Horton coffee, and browsed the vegetables, but none looked inviting.  Unfortunately, I then got a phone call from the mechanic...I needed new front rotors, calipers and brakes.  What was I to do but say do it.  I guess I need brakes.  So I waited another hour and a half for my car, before dropping a load of bucks.  As I paid, Levi mentioned that when checking the car's brakes, they noticed something else was broken.  So, I am going back again this morning to get that fixed.  It's time to start thinking seriously about a new car.

After my sojourn in Jamestown, I stopped at Brigotta's in Jamestown, and picked up some Brussels sprouts and cabbage before meeting Evie and Ron and Linda Mc Clure at the Lakewood Eight Theater.  We watched the controversial movie, American Sniper, along with 15 other people.  I think the McClures liked the movie more than us.  Neither Evie nor I were invested emotionally in the movie for some reason. It did not grab us.  I liked The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty more.  I am not sure why some are offended by the movie.  Sure the soldiers make racist remarks about the Iraqis but that's war.  You don't like the enemy.  But none of us could see why this was a life changing film for some people.  Yes, reading REDEPLOYMENT, or THE YELLOW BIRDS,  or BILLY LYNN'S LONG HALF TIME WALK change the way we look at war.  Anyways, I am glad I saw it so I can at least 'try' to understand the controversy, from both the left and right.

After the movie, we went, where else, to our old standby,  The Seezurh House in Bemus Point for dinner.  It was practically empty, not a  surprise mid week in the winter, but it was still warm and welcoming.  And, most importantly, Evie's grilled chicken sandwich is  back on the menu, so she was a very happy girl.  I had prime rib, grilled, with onions and peppers and it was delicious.  I am sure it was leftover from the weekend, but it was still tender and tasty.  We stayed until about 8:30 and it was good to see the Mc Clures, to be back at the Seezurh House.  When we got home, we were really tired but stayed up and watched some junk TV before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...