Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hibernating For The Week

Blue Glow At 7:20 
Sun And Wind At 8:00
I must be starting to feel better as I was awake at 6:00, got up a round 6:16, shuffled downstairs, checked to see if the paper arrived (it hadn't), made coffee and I am now sitting in the living room, the lake now visible, snow covered, flag waving, tree trunks covered with a frosting of snow.  It's 5º outside, may get up to 10º later in the day.  We won't be venturing out today either, continuing our week spent inside our cosy home.

With weather like this and the fact that we have been 'under the weather,' our days do not change much, not that we are wild and crazy during the winter.  But being stuck inside limits your options as does feeling run down.  So, we did little yesterday, other than listen to the radio, watch some TV, and complain about not being able to enjoy the outdoors.  I did venture out around 10:30, cleaned off the car and drove it to the mailbox to drop off a Netflix DVD.  That was my adventure for the day.

Long Point Blur
We had the last of the matzo ball soup for lunch, with a leftover burrito, and watched Jon Stewart. Mid afternoon, we noticed our neighbors were out cross country skiing through the streets and yards of Woodlawn.  It looked mighty cold out there.  I made myself some Turkish tea, then, enjoyed a few cups, read, and the sun even came out briefly, glistening on the surface of the lake.  It made me want to get out my cross country skis.  In fact, I may do that today, just to have them ready for the weekend if it warms up some.  Evie is feeling better but like me, lacks the energy to really get back in our routine.  I think we are going to have to wait till next week, when I hope to  restart yoga, our normal lives here at the lake.
A Fit Of Sun
We had the leftover chicken and biscuits for dinner, just as good as before, and we watched the last two  episodes of Getting On, then started a new series someone had recommended called Longmire, about a sheriff in a small Wyoming town set in the present.  It reminds me of an updated Gunsmoke and so far so good.  We then watched the People's Choice Awards but we could not stand watching it for more than fifteen minutes. Ridiculous awards, poorly written, and actors and shows we have never heard of.  Who watches this crap.  It makes you appreciate the Academy Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...