Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Waiting For The Snowstorm

6:48
7:54
Well, it was dark out when I got up, a spooky early morning sky of black and slashes of white, amazing really.  Now, at 7:53, it's back to a dull gray morning, no sun in sight, just a winter storm warning for early tomorrow morning.  It's a surprisingly warm 34º outside...too bad the lake is not calm enough to kayak.

Yesterday was another yoga morning, what else, as I arrived late and was shoved in the back corner by the fourteen other women.  At least they made room for me.  Class was good, as usual, as we worked on hamstrings, groin, and thighs, all areas in which I need help.  Interestingly, in this class, Yin Yoga, we rarely if ever do a standing pose like sun salutation.  Perhaps that's why it's so popular.
I stopped at Ryders' Cup for a coffee and picked up ten notecards, a dollar a piece, with original art made by special needs people at the Resource Center.  We really like them, and this is third of fourth time I have bought ten cards.  Joyce, the owner's parents were there again, and they even know my name now.  It's becoming like home.

When I got home, the wind had picked up, blowing from the East, again throwing lots of branches on the lawn, so I spent a few minutes picking them up.  Lunch was left over chicken, stuffing, and gravy and I watched another episode of Wallender, the Swedish version, and I really liked it.  Wonderfully acted and a story with lots of twists, little of the violence, so far, you find in our police shows.  In the afternoon, Evie made another brief stop at the dentist, then did some shopping at Wegman's and other stores.  When she returned, about 4:00, she had forgotten to get a couple of items for our dinner; she makes her list for Wegman's on her Ipad and for some reason it did not show up.  I think she forgot to enter it but I didn't tell her that.  I spent the afternoon reading REDEPLOYMENT, a series of stories revolving around the Iraq War and its compelling, interesting, and upsetting, all at the same time. There are different narrators for each of the stories, which allows the writer to see the war from various points of view, different moments in their deployment.

For dinner we had the two pork chops leftover from last night, even better than the night before. Along with the chops, Evie baked potatoes, made a salad and baked us some kale chips, all great.  We watched the last episode of The Affair, a new series on Showtime, and we are glued to our TV when it's on.  It's told from the point of view of two narrators, both of the lovers, and we see both sides of the relationship.  We then watched an hour of the voice, mostly mediocre contestants, until the last contestant from Pittsburgh, who blew the others away.  After that, it was back to Iraq and my book, before going to sleep.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...