Saturday, December 27, 2014

Blue Skies in Virginia

Blue Skies
The Bottiny's:  Julia, Walt, Ellen
We all slept in some, with me being the first one up around 7:25, Drew followed, the rest are sleeping at the moment.  I have come down with the flu or some variation of it, with chills, headache, muscle aches, the whole gamut.   I cannot remember the last time I got sick, maybe twenty years ago so I had forgotten how miserable you can feel, no energy, in fact, I was awake around 6:30 but did not have the mojo to get up.  We went to Urgent Care late morning to see if I had the flu.  The test came back negative so who knows what I have.
IKEA Crazy
Yesterday, because I didn't feel well, I mostly stayed on the couch and took Advil, napping occasionally, feeling better for an hour, then worst.  The girls left for IKEA at 11:00 and did not get back till 3:30 but they did get Halle a new desk for her room, so she is a happy girl.  Not as happy as she could be because her Dad is waiting till this morning to put it together.  Everyone came back with something from IKEA.  How can you shop without buying something you don't really need.  Evie got pillows, Jill glasses, the girls organizers for their desks.
Dinner With My Sister Ellen and Her Family
We were going to my sister Ellen's house for dinner around 4:15, so I showered and felt half way decent before we left.  It's about a half hour ride, depending on traffic, to Herndon.  It was really fun to see them again, especially their daughter Julia, who we have not seen in a couple of years.  The guys adjourned to the living room, the girls stood in the kitchen talking until it was time for dinner. Dinner was great, a lasagna, with garlic bread and salad, and many of us had seconds.  We talked about books, movies, and TV shows we like because we are all readers and into various series.  The Bottinys and Evie and I both like the new Showtime series, The Affair, and everyone was worried we would give away some of the plot line.  We had chocolate cake, with peppermint ice cream, a perfect ending to our dinner.  The girls and Drew had never had peppermint ice cream before so they were happy.  We left about 8:30, just as I was beginning to feel worst, good timing.

We stayed up because Saturday Night Live was having a marathon of their shows highlights from the 1970's up to the present.  It was really fun to watch and we taped the last few hours because it would be the first shows in the 1970's.

I am afraid I wont' feel like doing much today again, just relaxing on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...