Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Blustery Morning On The Lake

8:00
I slept in until 8:00, something I don't think I have done in years.  It must have been the light snow overnight, the open window,  the wind chimes clanging because of the wind.  Today looks like we will continue to see a light snow, not much accumulation, however, the high around 30º, not a day for adventure though I may go to the Smith Library, as they are having a luncheon for all their patrons.

Yesterday surprised us with some sunshine when I walked out of yoga class at 11:00.  The day began with gray clouds, a lake like glass, so we both hoped to kayak later in the day.   Since I had to go back into Jamestown to the dentist for a teeth cleaning,  Evie had lunch ready for me when I got back from yoga:  the last of the cauliflower soup (I think) and a chicken salad sandwich.

I was gone from about 12:45 to 3:00, stopping at Topps as well as the downtown office of the Viking Club to pay my annual dues.  Since I was down there, I thought I might as well get it done.  When I got home, Evie was putting together our dinner, Yotam Ottolenghi's lemon flavored meatballs with celeriac which we could not find so Evie used celery.  Ottolenghi is a well known Israeli chef we really like, and his recipes are often featured in Great Britain's The Guardian.  She also made a Bulgar salad with fresh pomegranate juice, mint, parsley, lemon and honey, mixed with greens.  By 4:30, she was worn out, so she kicked back.  I meanwhile had been reading, had taken a short nap, so to get my energy back, I walked outside as dusk was apprroaching, and walked the Woodlawn/Victoria loop, not returning home until it was dark.  It was cold and windy but I enjoyed it.
Woodlawn At Dusk
We relaxed with some white wine before having our dinner, which we really liked, and watched President Obama on the the Colbert Show.  He has a great sense of humor, took over Stephen's role and read the skit on The Word which was called The Decree for his appearance.  I am sure the right thought it was unpresidential but to me, it showed how human he is, able to laugh at himself, not take himself, just his job, seriously.  We then watched the movie of a book we both had read, The Fault In Our Stars, definitely a tear jerker.  I was strangely unmoved for most of the movie, never really became invested in the characters until late in the movie, which we decided to stop because we both knew the ending and did not want to weep, again, over a movie, a good choice.  We then watched some junk TV for an hour before going to bed and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...