Tuesday, December 23, 2014

On The Road To Bristow, VA,. For Christmas With Our Daughter Jill's Family

Yesterday's Blue Skies

Long Point At Noon
It's earl, 5:45, as we hope to be off by 7:00, usually an easy seven hour drive.  I hope the roads are not too crowded, at least we are not going to be on the major interstates for long.

Yesterday went quickly, a beautiful sunny day on the lake, a change from the weather we have had the past week or two.  I did get in some yoga, my final class of the year.  It felt good to get one more class in.  I didn't stop or shop as I wanted to get home and get things organized for our trip, the car, the outdoors, and of course make sure we have everything we need for the next two weeks on the road.

Evie was busy while I was gone, packing cookies, clothes, dishes and stereos which we are giving to the Bissells, as we downsize our house a bit.  It's amazing how long it takes to get ready for a trip even if it's to our childrens' homes.  I usually can pack quickly but then keep going back over my list to make sure I have not forgotten anything.  I did some work outside, put a few things in the car before lunch so I felt pretty good.  Lunch was perfect, leftovers from last night's dinner of chicken and stuffing with gravy.  I spent the afternoon taking it easy, watching another episode of Sweden's Wallander on Netflix and I am almost finished with the John Wooten biography.

Around 4:30, we actually were done packing our things, so we able to get everything in the car before dinner so we would be ready to hit the road this morning.  We are a bit anal about traveling I fear.  It was just our luck to spend the day inside on perhaps the nicest day of December so far, no hiking or working in the yard.

We did manage to relax after filling the car with a glass of wine before getting dinner ready.  We had an easy picnic dinner, hot dogs and vegetable soup, both easy and good.  And we watched what we thought was the final episode of The Affair but learned that it's final episode is not until January 13th. It's a good thing because Noah's going off to jail and that would not be a 'nice' way to end an affair. We were both tired so we went to bed early, around 10:00.  I finished Wooden: A Coach's Life by Seth Davis and am not ready to read my next biography. DUTY, the memoir of both Bush and Obama's Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...