Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hanging Out With Hayden and Halle In Virginia

Bristow at 7:14 In The Morning
Drew and Jill, A Date Night At  Firebird 
I was up at 6:00, even though we did not get to bed until 11:30 because we stayed up and watched a two hour special on The Women of Saturday Night Live.  It was too good not to stay up for.  It looks like we will have some rain today, though the temperatures will get into the 50's. Tomorrow's drive to Darien, CT, looks as though we could have quite a bit of sun, no snow or ice.

Yesterday because I was not feeling well, I hung out on the couch, with a two hour morning waste of time when I went to the local Urgent Care, to check out my aches and pains.  The first place let us wait twenty minutes before asking for my health card, then told me they do not take Medicare patients.  Why not have a sign up, idiots.  They did have directions to another Urgent Care that did take Medicare patients, about ten miles away.  So we drove there, waited an hour to be seen, found out I did not have the flu (they can check my inserting a stick in your nostrils), so my aches, chills, and headache remain undiagnosed.  Take Advil.  Fortunately, I do feel a bit better this morning and have not taken any Advil since last night.  Hopefully, I am on the mend though I don't feel too peppy.

When we got back, Drew was putting together Halle's desk and drawers from IKEA, always a task, and when we took the top out to place on the drawers, we noticed a ding on the surface.  So, over Halle's objections that she did not care, Drew and Hayden drove off to IKEA for the second day in a row, fought the traffic and the crowds at IKEA and were able to get a new desk top.  And it was fine, looked great in Halle's room, so she is finally excited about her Christmas.  The rest of the afternoon we did little, watched football or basketball on TV, or movies on the iPads. The girls love to escape up to their rooms to watch a show on their iPADS.

We were supposed to all go out to dinner at a new restaurant nearby, even had reservations which are hard to come by but since I was not up to it, just Jill and Drew went, the rest of us stayed home and ordered pizza from Dominos.  I have to admit that I like Domino's pizza, perhaps because it's always greasy, but we all did a good job of devouring two mediums with bread sticks.  We then went downstairs and watched a movie that Evie and I had seen before but thought the girls would like, a film set in Australia called Strictly Ballroom.  It's funny and romantic, also kind of a Cinderella story, as the ugly duckling ends up becoming a Princess, wowing the crowd with her dances.  It's a funny, feel good movie, and both girls were attentive throughout, a sign of a good movie.

I then came upstairs and watched some basketball while  Evie and girls started a second show but Halle got bored, went up to her bedroom to watch a show, and Evie and Hayden came up soon after, and the three of us started watched the SNL special.  Hayden soon got tired, went up to bed just as Jill and Drew returned home, around 10:30.  They had a great dinner, met friends just as they were leaving, and ending up sittting down with them for another hour or two, a fun night.  We then watched SNL until 11:30 when we all went up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...