Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Roof

7:20

Sun Rise, One Year Ago



6:00
Up again at 5:30, to rain on the roof, water puddled on the road, wet sidewalks, gardens, outdoor furniture, but I am cosy and dry on my porch, listening to the birds, watching the  darkness slowly turn to gray, the lake appear gray and wrinkled.  It's 69ยบ, high today in the 80's, a humid day, like the last few.

Yesterday we were both up early, did not kayak because I had a doctor's appointment at 8:00.  It went well, took all of five minutes, so I was able to go to yoga at 9:00 with Chris.  Four of us, always a small class, and a series of poses that I don't enjoy much so I am going to bag his classes for the rest of the summer.  I feel sorry for him because he desperately wants more students but they don't seem to return. I had to stop at Walmart to pick up a room air conditioner, getting our bedrooms ready for August when all the kids arrive.  I expect it may be a very warm August but I have been wrong before.

When I returned home, Evie was on the porch, going over the thousands of summer photographs from my computer.  She had been at it for a couple of hours and was only a third of the way along in her viewing and choosing for the Summer, 2012 Photo Album.  I took what she had picked out, put them on a flash drive, over a hundred, and she went off to Walmart for the afternoon, to have the photos printed after she photo shopped them if they needed it.  It takes quite awhile, so she did not get home until 5:00.  Meanwhile, I  spent my afternoon taking a nap, reading, then kayaking for an hour, catching five pan fish, wow, then finishing off the afternoon with some weed cutting, a good way to enjoy the water, cool off,  and get something done.  It was a warm, partly cloudy afternoon, as the sun played hide and seek, sometimes it was almost too hot kayaking, at others, it was comfortable, as the sun hid.
Kayaking Whitney Bay, A Year Ago

Earlier in the day, Evie had put together another pasta dish, of penne, mushrooms, tomatoes, red pepper, and cream, and let it sit four a couple of hours, marinating in the pan.  All she had to do was heat it up and we had dinner.  It was really good, restaurant quality, and we thought it was an easy, fast and tasty way to make dinner. Around 8:30, Leonard's invited over to sit outside by their fire pit, with Dave and Pat Jones, a good way to end the day.  Around 9:00, we came home and watched another episode of The Newsroom, still think it's too talky but liked it enough to continue watching.  I assume it will get better as the writers get feedback.  Aaron Sorkin, the creator of The West Wing, is the main writer for this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...