Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Clean, Freshly Washed Morning



6:20
 Up at 6:20, to some sunlight, blue skies, clouds, with more rain forecast for the rest of the day.  For now, I am enjoying the morning, 64º, not worrying about the showers, be in the moment!  We had a heavy flash shower last night around 9:00, when a storm came out of nowhere, poured for about 15 minutes, then it stopped as quickly as it started, dropping close to a half inch of rain.  It still seems wet and humid out side from that rain.

It was a cloudy morning yesterday, cleared up in the afternoon, and rained last night, a typical day at the lake recently.  It seems as though rain is forecast almost every day though we don't always get any, last night being the exception.  The morning started with yoga with Chris, three of us, lots of talk, but I left feeling groovy.  Coffee, of course, at Ryder's and home.  Evie too went shopping, having various stops, getting food for our picnic with the Mc Clures on the 4th.  I did a few of those chores you always put off, like paying bills, straightening out an account, had lunch, a smooth Indian cauliflower soup Evie made early morning.  It's a delight to the palate, lots of Indian spices like cumin, turmeric, coriander, fresh ginger and whole milk from Pot of Gold dairy...the best.


Friendly Neighbors
When Evie returned home from shopping, I took the cover off of our boat and we went on a cruise for the first time in two or three weeks, off towards Bemus and home, thinking it would be too crazy on the lake the next couple of days.  It was a strange day, almost too hot in the boat when the wind stopped, fleece weather when it picked up.  Lots of people on the lake despite a week day, perhaps taking the week off because of the holiday.   We, then,  relaxed most of the afternoon, fishing, reading, sitting on the dock.  Evie continues to enjoy her new passion, fishing, and she finally bought her license at Hogan's yesterday morning.  Now she's really serious.  Late afternoon, we sat out on the dock with a beer and popcorn, enjoying the end of the day.  About 6:00, I decided to go fishing so I took out my kayak, let the wind take me slowly along the docks in front of Victoria and miracles, I caught five pan fish as I floated, using my favorite lure, 'little clio.'  When I paddled back, Evie was swimming with the neighbor's grandchildren, so I jumped in as well, hot and sweaty from fishing.  A swim at this hour is always a pick me up, refreshing and energizing, especially after a beer.  I needed it.

Around 7:00, we came in and Evie fried up some tilapia and we made fish tacos with the filet's.  They are pretty easy, just fry the fish, break them up a bit, put in a taco.  Earlier, Evie had made a salad of avocados, tomatoes, and cabbage, with oil and vinegar and we stuffed the rest of the taco with this salad, a little hot sauce, and viola, we had a fish taco.  I have to admit the salad tasted better than the fish, which is fairly mild flavored to begin with.  We then watched TV; this time we are starting the second season of Scandal, just about as silly as Revenge.  And about 9:30, we were shocked out of seats by the out pour on the roof, a heavy rain that seemed to appear suddenly.  A good day spoiled by some shopping but good nonetheless.

This morning we are driving to Erie; I am dropping my Accord off at the Honda dealer, the seat belt light is on.  I wonder how much it will cost to turn it off.  As we wait, we are going to Presque Isle, for a walk, perhaps a swim, depending on the weather, then we will pick the car up on our way home.  Let's home we have some sun.
Late Evening Storm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...