Friday, July 12, 2013

Chilly Morning Sunrise

6:20
Good Bye Isabelle


Well, I slept in, sort of till 6:20 and woke to the sun fighting through the clouds over Long Point. I put on a fleece this morning, 56ยบ outside.  Puffs of clouds towards a hazy Bemus, little action on the lake.  It looks like three or four perfect days.

Because I was up so early yesterday, I was out on the lake by 6:30, just as Evie was getting up.  It was a damp morning, had rained the night before, so everything seemed washed and clean.  And, miracles, I caught five fish, none keepers, but it was still fun.  Along with my kayak, four boats meandered by the reeds, all Amish men who are staying next door.  They love to fish and some have been next door almost every week of June and July.  Many dress traditionally, the women in long dresses, the men with shirt, slacks and beards but some seem modern, in typical clothes.  They don't tend to speak unless spoken to, not unfriendly but not friendly either.  Their young daughters, in long dresses, are darling, playful like any child but amazingly well behaved.  They must do something right.

After fishing,  I went off to yoga, a class overflowing with students, as Danielle seems to be the most popular teacher, possibly because her Yin class is more restorative than rigorous, attracting many older women and me.  And she always has a new pose, which everyone likes.  And, I was one of three guys, one younger than me, one older.  I have been reading about a Meditation class at another yoga studio, 15 miles away in Westfield, that I am thinking of attending.  One of my teachers said it was a great class, informative as well as educating, so that you learn how to meditate but the science behind it.

It was a relaxing afternoon, sunny and windy, too chilly to sit on the dock, so we ended up in our side yard, on our new chaise lounges, which we do not particularly like, too hard and cheap.  We may take them back.  It's too quiet around here now,  as Isabelle, our next door neighbor's  granddaughter, left yesterday afternoon for home.  She's a cutie, loves to fish and swim and became Evie's buddy the past couple of weeks.  I know the Leonard's really miss her as Bill commented on how boring it was without her, that the day had lost it's mojo and it had..youth has fled!
The  Jones''s Westies At Alert

For dinner, I found a recipe for Chicken Kapama, a Greek taverna recipe, of chicken in a tomato sauce with spices like cinnamon and cloves, along with onions, garlic, a dollop of brandy and honey. So Evie put it together, early afternoon, let if bake slowly and when served over orzo pasta, it felt like I was back in Greece, lacking only retsina, the foul tasting wine that only a Greek would love.  We watched a couple of episodes of The Newsroom and neither one of us is taken with it but we are going to finish the season.  It seems predictable, too talky or preachy, a take off on The West Wing but set in a newsroom.  The romantic relationships seem particularly silly and unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...