Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Early Sun, Some Clouds, Hot and Humid



Cubans and Reuben's at the Viking
Sunrise at 6:20


Clouds Over Bemus That Look Like Distant Mountains (to me)

I woke to the sun shining in our bedroom windows, at 6:15 and came downstairs, made coffee, got the paper, turned on NPR, and sat outside, facing away from the sun until it was hidden by clouds.  There's a dampness in the air this early, the cooling humidity which will become annoying later in the day. Right bow it feels good.  No wind, 68ยบ with a high in the mid 80's, the prognosis for the day.  Let's hope it's not too Florida like, making it uncomfortable to boat or sit on the dock because my sister Linda and her husband Rich are visiting for a couple of days.  It's 7:25 now, and six fishing boats are anchored off the reeds of Victoria.

Yesterday was uncomfortably warm much of the day if you were in the sun, not so bad in the shade, especially if there was a breeze.  I did go to yoga, not as warm as I thought, in fact, I did not even work up a sweat in my Yin class.  A number of new students, most likely summer people, a good class as usual with Danielle.  Afterwards, I did our shopping for the next couple of days for Evie.  She gave me a thorough list, sent me a text message to also pick up white vinegar and ice cream.  Of course, when I got home, I got everything but vinegar and ice cream.  I better write things down from now on and not depend on my memory!  Idiot.

The rest of the day we relaxed, looked for cool spots, usually in the house.  Late afternoon, Evie painted another metal chair and I cleared the weeds, some brush, working up quite a sweat in only a few minutes.  The humidity had to be in the 90's.  Evie also cut my hair, out in the side yard and we found a shady area with a breeze.  I put my chaise lounge there after my trim and read for an hour, a book recommended in  Reason magazine, as the best young adult book since The Catcher in the Rye.  It's called King Dork and I am struggling with it; it's not particularly well written, a first person narrative like the Catcher but the school that the Dork describes is not like any school I have been part of .  I am sticking with it to see if I should recommend it to my grandsons.  While I was reading, Evie made a batch of lemon squares, to freeze and pull out whenever we wanted something sweet at night. They are quite good even frozen.
The Girls Enjoying The Viking Club

We met the Mc Clure's at the Viking Club at 6:30 for Rubens and Cubans night.  For the first time, they had a woman at the gate, to check if we had an up to date Viking Club card.  The club was fairly crowded, in fact the line for drinks was eight deep.  We sat inside, no air conditioning but fans until we got our sandwiches, then sat outside to enjoy the waning day, the falling sun off to the west.  It's strange to be on this side of the lake, to see the sun falling rather than rising.  I still am happy to be on the west side of the lake, to see the sunrise every morning.  Our sandwiches were huge, filling and with a couple of pitchers of LaBatt's, we were content.  After eating we sat out side, in lawn chairs for a bit before heading home, around 9:15.  I sat out on our porch for about a half hour, as night  took over the lake.  It was cool and comfortable, the sun gone, as darkness took over.
Sunset From the Viking Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...