Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sunny and Clear But Clouds and Rains Are Coming

6:20
Rising Sun Over Long Point



Up at 6:15, expecting a cloudy, even wet morning but it's a awesome (love that word) sun rise off over Long Point, the lake a light pink/lavender, no wind, a perfect morning to kayak, which I am going to do the moment Evie is ready.  It's 7:00 and we want to get in a paddle before the rains come, predicted to be heavy and arrive late morning, early afternoon.

Yesterday was another wonderful day to be on the lake.  We started our day with a kayak paddle around 7:30, like today and we headed down towards Whitney Bay but the clouds started to gather and we heard thunder so we paddled back, down to the reeds by Giarizzo's, and back home though it never did rain.  I then went off to yoga, with Elise, and for the first time, I knew all of my fellow students, Janice, Nancy, Linda, Steve and me...how about that for getting to know the locals.  All have been regulars at one time or another.  Elise mentioned that yoga teacher at Panterra in Westfield was giving a weekly series on Meditation starting in late July, how to do it, why its effective.  She said he's great, really a worthwhile course.  I think I will look into it, might as well buy into the whole yoga thing, not only asanas but meditation, too.  I made need it as I mature!
Backyard Green

I came home around noon and Evie was fishing with Isabelle, our next door neighbor's granddaughter.  I went out to fish with them and worked on my tackle box, organizing all the crap I have accumulated over the years, throwing out stuff I do not use.  It must be my day to organize because early afternoon, as Evie cut weeds for the first time this summer, I went into the garage and reorganized my shelves, which have become a mess over the past year, so that I could not find a tool, a nail, a can of spray, or Miracle Gro.  It took me over an hour but now I know where things are.
A Regular On Our Docks

We went kayaking again around 4:30, as it was so grand out, so over to Wells Bay, back across to Long Point and home, for a beer out on the dock, fishing some, just enjoying the late afternoon, putting off going into the house to make dinner.  But we did, a quick but enjoyable repast (show off), of bacon, eggs, bagels, salad, and grilled veggies with yogurt, a la Turk, my favorite way to eat them.  We watched some TV, read, staying up till after 11:00, then to bed. another good day for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...