Saturday, June 8, 2013

More Drizzle, Gray, Cool Weather

5:40
5:41

Up at 5:15 again, as I seem to be stuck with waking at this time.  I wish I could sleep in but, alas, I am up, drinking coffee, listening now to Click and Clack over the songs of the purple martins.  It's a pleasant 55º outside, highs in the 60's later today, 70's tomorrow.  There's a mist along the shoreline, a dampness to the air.  Holy smokes, a huge bird just dive bombed our martin house; it looked like a hawk, perhaps a turkey buzzard, as it disrupted the martins home making but I don't think it grabbed anything.  It landed next door, on the sand and when I ran out, it flew away off towards Victoria, a slow flight which made me think it was not a hawk but I am not sure.  The martins seem copacetic.  Holy smokes II, it is a turkey vulture, and it's just landed next door and is picking at the dead fish on the Pine Hill beach, along with some crows.  A wild early morning.

No yoga yesterday, just a relaxing day at home, mostly reading and watching TV, the French Open match between Nadal and Djovovic, a great match, then I watched the last half of the Spurs win over the Heat, which I had taped from the night before.  I finally finished THE AGE OF MIRACLES on my Kindle, too, and started on a new book HARVARD SQUARE, which has gotten good reviews.  I picked it up at the James Prendergast library, downtown Jamestown, when I went shopping later in the day.  We had seen some duffel's advertised in a Sam's Club brochure and asked them to call when the next shipment of duffel's came in.  They called yesterday and we picked up two Samsonite duffel's, both look sturdy and functional, which will take the place of our old duffel's, which we have had for quite a while and have broken zippers.  So now we are ready to travel again.

Because it rained on and off most of the day, we were both antsy, wanting to get out and do something but we could not because of the dampness.  So we more or less wasted the day or just enjoyed doing nothing, depending on your point of view.  We had pizza and salad for dinner, watched some TV, read, and went to bed early, around 10:00, perhaps the reason I am up at 5:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...