Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back To Normal, Gray, Overcast, With Drizzle





6:45

Enjoying the Sunshine
Up at 6:40, again we did not hear the bass boats take off(windows were closed) and I was surprised to see how stormy it looked, a southerly wind, a few rain drops, 62ยบ, with thundershowers expected on and off during the day.  At least yesterday was the perfect Saturday, sunny and pleasant, warm enough but not hot.

Yesterday began with my sixth day of yoga in a row, the first time I have been so consistent.  Five new students and me, so Chris was happy.  A good class, I came home, bragging to Evie about my consistent yoga-ing, and she had to the gall to call me a 'yoga wimp,' that real men would be in a gym, tossing weights around, working up a sweat, not lying on their backs with a bunch of ladies chanting OMM.  Ah wives, they know how to wield the knife.  So, I don't think I will go to yoga next week, but get out the compression shorts, the wife beater tee shirt and hit the gym.

Yesterday was a great day, as I mentioned above, and we spent much of it getting ready for the Woodlawn picnic at 5:00.  Evie made potato chips, a neighborhood favorite, and cut the lawn, so it looked like a green you might find at the U.S, Open.  I did some trimming around the bushes, went to the Transfer Station, read, watched the U. S. Open, had thoughts of kayaking but I was too lazy to walk down to the lake's edge, jump in my kayak, and paddle out into the open sea.  What a yoga wimp!

Appetizers and Socializing

Ah, Evie's Home Made Potato Chips

Our neighbors came over at 5:00 and for June, we had a nice group; everyone brings an appetizer and their own drinks, so it's easy for the hosts and we usually have enough food so that you don't need dinner.  The nice thing about this gathering is that it lasts only till about 7:00, neighbors and their friends are invited,  so it does not necessarily get in the way of doing something later in the evening.  The Fox's and Friends, for example, came for an hour, then went off to the Southern Tier Brewery, where Big Leg Emma was playing a free concert.  It was good to talk with some of the neighbors we have not seen since fall, as the summer residents are beginning to show up.  And it's fun to meet some of the neighbors' grandchildren, who often come along with their parents, in this case, Mary Ann Miller's grandchildren.  We probably had around twenty to twenty five people total and everyone headed home around 7:00,  It was an easy clean up for us, empty the waste basket, take the table cloth off the table, bring in the empty chip bowl and that was it.
Three Generations of Woodlawners...Mary Ann Miller and Family

Susie Elste and Joyce Leonard

Around 8:30, we had some left over pasta and eggplant, from a couple of night's ago, and it was better than ever.  Anything with tomatoes in it always tastes better the next day or two.  It began to cloud up around 8:00 and we expected some rain during the night but it never did rain, waiting, I suppose, for today when everyone wants to enjoy the outdoors.  I am trudging through a highly recommended book called HARVARD SQUARE, which I don't like much but I am loathe to put it down, thinking it might get better.  I doubt it.  To bed around 11:00, after some TV and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...