Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Warmer and Overcast Morning

7:37

Long Point


Long Point


Merganser in Flight
Fall Maples

Victoria Woods
Kinney's Waterless Run
Up later than usual, around 7:30 to another gray morning. mists and fog on the lake, a warm 62 degrees though it's now 8:30 and the sun looks as though it's trying to break through the barrier of fog.

Yesterday was a Chautauqua gray day though it hardly rained, just 2/10ths of an inch over the past twenty four hours so you could be outside if you wanted; it just wasn't sunny.  Evie made more cookies for our trip to Darien, CT, tomorrow, for the grandchildren of course, as well as a baked ziti for dinner our first night.  Later, she went shopping in Lakewood and went to Master Cuts.  I  stayed home, a  bit bored, but found my way.  Though it was foggy, it reminded me of a Japanese painting, so I went kayaking on the smooth, windless lake, gray and black colors, mostly, and took photos as you can see, trying to get a picture which reminded me of a Japanese print.  It was fun.  Later,  I walked the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, still dripping from the rain, marking a path as best I could, getting ready for my winter walks.  I also got the urge to get more gravel for my driveway, drove to Tri James but they are closed, either for the year or just the afternoon.  Sad.  I then came home and gave the Pilot a good cleaning, both inside and out, perhaps because I have decided to spend money on the Accord, keep it for another three or four years, the Pilot as well.  I just don't want to have a monthly car payment and both cars are in decent if not good shape. I also read some, as I am finding Hitch 22 very interesting.  Christopher Hitchens has always been an iconoclast and he lead an amazingly interesting life, seduced by Marxism when he was younger, an atheist all his life, a screaming liberal,  he changed somewhat in later life, supporting Bush and the Iraq War.  Many of his attitudes, especially towards religion were formed in his fascistic prep schools in England, with daily forced religious services, compulsory games, and kowtowing to authority.

We had meatballs and bulgar for dinner, even better than the night before and watched the first episode of The Forsythe Saga, a mini series made about ten years ago, with Damian Lewis, from Homeland, as the major protagonist.  It's a bit dated but pretty good, a somewhat older version of Downton Abbey, as we watch one of the wealthy families in London begin to lose their way, culturally and financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...