Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Drizzles

7:25
Overcast, a dripping rain, gray lake, sky, and landscape, the joy of differentness.  It's rare when I tire of our view, our weather, as it's so changeable.  I hope I will be saying this during the winter, when it's gray most of the time.  But for now, I like a day or two like this, and even a walk in the mists sounds inviting.

Yesterday was a lost day, for me, as we had the guys who insulated our basement back, to tie up loose ends, make sure the house was as tight as they promised, and this took a good part of the morning.  Thus, I wasted a mostly sunny morning, sitting inside.  Evie, however, was busy as usual, making a curried squash bisque, lemony meat balls with celeriac (she just used celery as Wegman's had no celeriac), with bulgur.  The meat balls have a lemon flavored gravy, to go with the spiced meatballs.  She also made her Italian bread, as well as ginger lemon cookies, so her day was spent in the kitchen.

I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, but it did not stop me from taking a bike ride around the CI a couple of times, just enough to get some exercise.  I also went to the library, to pick up a biography of Christoper Hitchens, along with another Alan Furst.  I looked for an Ian Fleming James Bond, thinking it might be fun to see how his novels age but none were found on the shelves.

Dinner with Mc Clures

The Mc Clures returned to the lake yesterday, so we had them over last night for dinner.  We had a good time, catching up as they have been in Pittsburgh for a couple of weeks.  Our dinner was great, especially the squash and coconut milk curried soup.  It was even cool enough to have a fire in our living room, so we sat inside, enjoyed the fire and talked and laughed.  They left about 10:00 and we watched some TV before going to bed.  I stared Hitch 22 and liked it immediately.  Let's see if I stick with it.  I think I am a sucker for a good story, so Hitchens life had better be a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...