Wednesday, October 24, 2012

On The Road To Hayden and Halle's House

Garnet Japanese Maple



Flourishing Petunias
Up early, 5:30,  as we are driving to Bristow, VA, hoping to get their around 2:30, in time for the girls return home from school.

Yesterday was overcast most of the day but warm, highs in the low 60's, so if you were outside working, you could work up a sweat.  I went off early to Home Depot and picked up six pieris japoninca, eight bucks a piece, and four grasses, three bucks each, a good deal.  We planted them on the hill behind our house, which will make it more attractive for us.  It took about an hour and by the time we were done, we were both soaked with sweat as it was terrible humid.  We relaxed the rest of the day, enjoy some TV, reading, doing some packing and having a pizza and salad for dinner.

I have three books I am reading and one of the them, the autobiography of Christopher Hitchens is going slow.  I am on page 300 but am ready to move to something more interesting.  I have two books on my Kindle from the library, one Wild (From Lost To Found), the story of a troubled woman who finds herself by walking the Pacific Coast Trail, from southern California to Washington, Alone.  It's interesting when she talks about her hike, less so when she talks about her troubles, the death of her mother, the end of her marriage, various dead end jobs, things like that.  I am not sure why I am so reluctant to give up on a book, an old school attitude I guess.  Maybe I just want to be entertained and not informed, as Hitchens book is filled with lots of politics, less about the man.  We will have to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...