Friday, November 4, 2011

Spectacular Sunrise Brings A Cool But Sunny Day

7:44
8:10

The clouds off to the east are a black scarf over the Bemus horizon, light blue sky above, with some pink peeking through, almost a winter sky I would suggest.  The winds howling, bending my new flag pole, flag flapping wildly, as the sun slowly brings color to the night sky. It's 38 outside, much cooler than yesterday.

I don't usually include politics in my blog but I came across this image yesterday and thought it spoke eloquently about the problems of mixing religion and politics not only in the Middle Eastern countries like Iran, where the clerics seem to rule, but here in the States, where Conservative Christians have changed the road map politically with their uncompromising beliefs, leading to stalemate and disarray and chaos in this country.  I also have requisitioned a book called THE MYTH OF THE RATIONAL VOTER, a book recommended by one of my students, who read it in a class at UVA taught by Jonathan Haidt( he wrote one of my favorite books THE HAPPINESS HYPOTHESIS).  The irony of the quotation is it comes from conservative darling, Barry Goldwater, who I find myself agreeing with as his prescience becomes more and more apparent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...