Thursday, November 3, 2011

THE ATHENA PROJECT: BRAD THOR


I am not sure why I keep reading this guy because I end up not liking his books much, but I walked by the new novels at the Smith Library and there he was.  Because I am antsy for some reason, unable to decide what I wanted to read, I decided to pick up a thriller, just to pass the time.  It's typical Thor, but this time, it's Charlie's Angels, a team of women, like Special Ops guys, who are out to save the world from the Nazi invented Kammler Device, able to send bombs through thin air to a target, in this case, various sights in the US.  The gals, wise cracking most of the way, end up either killing or rescuing four or five different operatives, all hidden away in impregnable situations, as the Athena Team goes anywhere. For awhile it was fine, but as usual, I got tired of one task after another, wanted it to end, which it did, finally, with the good girls winning, the bad Serbs and Middle Easterners losing.  Chalk one more up for the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...