Sunday, November 20, 2011

Early Sunday Morning with Marlena

Marlena at Play
Bobbie, Tom and Nick playing B-Ball
Marlena and I are the only one's up and its almost 7:30. Bella, their dog, is sitting on my lap and Marlena is sitting next to me, working on her blog as well.  It's much colder outside then yesterday and cloudy, a good day for a walk but perhaps too cold for the kids to play outside.  Marlena got excited about her blog, so she wrote both yesterday and today which is neat.  I hope she continues because, like Hayden, she is a very good writer.

Our driver yesterday to Lee's Summit from Effingham was just about 6 hours though we stopped at my favorite Western store Kleinschmidts for about 15 minutes.  If you are a cowboy, you'll love this store.  The last time we were there, the parking lot had three or four cars because it was a week day afternoon.  Yesterday, a Saturday, there must have been 75 cars in the lot.  I bought a cool cowboy flannel shirt, extra long of course.

Marlena's cairn



Mary and Tom making meatballs

Cowboy Central
We arrived at Tom's about 1:30 and they were making dinner for the night, homemade pasta sauce and meatballs.  Tommy was also grilling sausages outside for the sauce and also fried some egg plant to eat as a side.  Both Tom and Mary had been busy getting ready for our visit.  The kids are fine; Nick's neighbor Bobbie was over, and Marlena was up tidying her room.  Both look taller to me but I guess I always say that.  We lazed around most of the afternoon, though Tom and Nick and Bobbie played some b-ball.  Dinner was great and we all seem to be starved.  We played 20 Questions, as usual, with Marlena starting.  Tom guessed her word with the first guess...she had been looking at it on the wall.  Pretty funny.  We watched some football on tv, I played a violent video games with Nick, and Marlena and Evie played a couple of games on the IPAD.  Evie and Marlena took some rocks Marlena had in her room and made a neat cairn for her book shelf.  We all went to bed around 10:00 as we were tired.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your blog that you posted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I liked the picture of me on the rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...