Friday, September 18, 2026

Not The Best Of Mornings

6:51

8:24

It's later than usual as I start this — 9:55, and we're sitting in the UPMC emergency room. Evie hurt her knee a couple of days ago, then reinjured it last night and can hardly walk without pain. She made it up the stairs to her bedroom but had a restless night. This morning it was still painful, so she decided to go to the ER. So that's where we are right now.

I did get in a 55-minute paddle, heading out on an overcast morning at 7:20. A few boats were already out fishing, one literally in front of our dock.

Kayak Morning

Great Blue

Hanging At Woodlawn Creek

Yesterday was a good day until dinnertime, when Evie hurt her knee. I got in a quick paddle with Elaine before breakfast in Ashville. I was home around 9:00 and finished the blog with Evie's help. At 9:30, Evie left for kindergarten, Elaine for Ohio, and I for yoga. I wasn't looking forward to class but enjoyed it, perhaps because Danielle was substituting. After class, I picked up a few things at Wegmans and was home by 12:15. I sat around and read until 12:45, then finished off the rest of the Asian soup for lunch. And amazingly, my favorite series, Fauda, just dropped another season, so I watched the first episode. After lunch, I went up and read, and I think I took an hour-long nap. When I came downstairs, Evie was back, watching TV. She filled me in on her morning — she loved it, getting to know the kids, and seemed to have enough energy for four or five hours. Caitlin, the teacher, was happy to see her too.

We both relaxed and took it easy, enjoying a glass of wine. Evie then went into the kitchen to heat up the wings and make a salad, and somehow stepped wrong and hurt her knee. It hurt enough that after dinner and watching an episode of ER, all she wanted to do was go up to bed. So I helped her get organized: pills, watch, phone, water. She'd text me if she needed anything else.

I watched the first half of the Bills/Lions game, and since the Bills were leading 21-10 at halftime, I went to bed confident they'd win. And they did, 41-31.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Evie’s knee . Hope it’s better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...