 |
| 6:24 |
 |
| 6:50 |
 |
| 7:33 |
It's 6:45, and I've been up for a half hour, enjoying the colorful morning sky. It's 56º, and I have breakfast at 8:00 in Bemus. I was lucky to get in a half house paddle, down to Sandy Bottom and back before heading to Bemus for breakfast. What a great morning sky.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
.jpeg) |
| Eastern Sky |
 |
| Pigeon Roost |
 |
| Rhys Is Up When I Return From Kayaking |
 |
| Ready To Catch A Fish |
Update, 9:20: Tom and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus with Jack, and it was a fun morning. It was great for the two of them to meet. When we pulled into our driveway, Evie and Mary were sitting on the steps watching Rhys play in the dirt.
 |
| Rhys And Tom In The Digger |
.jpeg) |
| Watching The Digger |
Tuesday was another Rhys day; what else? He dominated the day except for a two-hour nap from 12:30 to 2:30, and we love it. Yesterday began with a long paddle, and instead of returning to a quiet house, I found Tom and Mary up with Rhys, ready to go. Mary had already made him scrambled eggs, so he was entertaining himself with his trucks and farm until the "digger" arrived to get our parking area ready for asphalt. Of course, he was infatuated with the digger and the dump truck and sat on the front porch, either alone or with one of us.
It was a cloudy, overcast morning, but the wind had died down, and the lake was calm, so I took the cover off the boat and we cruised for an hour, over to Bemus, along the shoreline, and back home. Rhys was not particularly taken with it, preferring to sit on his grandparents' laps most of the time, although we did get him to sit on my lap for a bit and help me steer. When we returned, we all had lunch, finishing up the chili and tuna salad, and Rhys had a quesadilla before going up for a nap. He is so good about going down for a nap.
 |
| Cruising Chautauqua Lake |
 |
| Rhys |
 |
| Rhys And Baba |
Tom and Mary wanted to go for a hike and volunteered to shop at Wegmans, so they went off, hiking around Long Point State Park, then driving to Lakewood to pick up salmon and other goodies for dinner. Evie and I relaxed while Rhys napped, and around 2:30 I brought him downstairs so Evie could read him some books and play trucks with him. He was happy with just the two of us and didn't seem to miss his grandparents.
They returned around 4:00, and Rhys was happy to see them. We had one more project: Tom and I mounted the birdhouse close to the house, behind the rhododendrons. We'll just have to wait and see if it's a good spot. Tom picked up an anti-squirrel disk, so hopefully the squirrels won't be able to get to the house.
 |
| Playing With Balloons |
 |
| Helping Granny Cook |
 |
| Sitting On Back Porch |
We sat out on the front porch since it was so pleasant, enjoying some wine and watching Rhys chase balloons and airplanes in the front yard. We launched both into the air, and Rhys had fun chasing them when they fell to the ground. Dinner was salmon, broccoli, and a salad, with a couple of ears of shucked corn, and Rhys had chicken tenders. He was ready for bed around 7:45 and happily went up to sleep. I watched quite a bit of the Fever win while the rest sat in the living room on their devices. Tom and I had a piece of chocolate peanut butter pie, and it was sinfully sweet. The others went up to bed around 9:30, but I stayed up and watched the game until the end.
 |
| The Sky At 10:00 PM |
Good to see Rhys diggin that digger.
ReplyDelete