 |
| 7:09 |
 |
| 8:22 |
It's 8:35, and Evie's up, showering and getting ready for school. I returned from a 50-minute paddle at 8:15, having been up since 6:30 on a chilly 48º morning. It was a good morning for a paddle, although the wind is picking up now. The ospreys have definitely migrated, but I shot three different herons and one eagle high up in a tree.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Victoria/Woodlawn |
 |
| Clouding Up |
 |
| Hunkering Down |
 |
| Cormorant |
 |
| On A Branch |
The first day of fall was a decent day for both of us. Evie's knee gets a bit better each day and she is more mobile, enough so that she is going to school today. Yesterday was typical, with an early morning paddle, writing and publishing the blog, and having breakfast. Before going for a bike ride, I helped Evie organize a bedroom for the arrival of our great-grandson Rhys, and brought down some toys saved from when our grandchildren were young. Once that was done, I drove to Spectrum Eye Care to get my glasses adjusted because I accidentally sat on them. I was in and out in ten minutes, and since I was already in Celeron, I drove to Celeron Park on the lake, left my car, and rode my bike to Lakewood, stopping at Ryder's Cup for a coffee, and sat down and talked with a couple of friends, Dave and John. I then rode back to Celeron and drove to Wegmans to do some shopping. I then picked up some wine at Evans and was home by 12:30.
 |
| Celeron Lighthouse |
I had lunch and watched my show, Fauda, then took a good hour-long nap, a first in a long time. Evie was relaxing much of the afternoon, putting ice on her knee occasionally like a good girl. I read some, then was on my way to meet with my friends for beers at Dick's house. We try to get together every couple of months, alternating at each other's house. Since three have worked at the Chautauqua Institution for many years, it's often the topic of conversation, especially since a former friend's son is now the president of the CI. We left around 6:00, vowing to get together sooner rather than later.
 |
| The Boys |
When I got home, Evie had dinner practically ready and was putting the breaded fish in the air fryer. Ten minutes later we were enjoying fish, coleslaw, and roasted potatoes. We watched TV together until 8:30, when Evie went up to bed, and I watched some Fauda and Monday Night Football until 10:00, when I went up to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment