Saturday, September 26, 2026

It Looks Like A Good Saturday

Rhys, our great-grandson, has just gotten a haircut for his trip to visit us. We can't wait, and he will be here for five days with his grandparents, Tom and Mary.

6:23

7:12

8:03

It's 7:00, and I have been up since 6:30. I usually walk out on the porch and take a photo of the morning sky. Well, the last couple of mornings, a pontoon boat has been parked in front of our yard. In fact, he seems to have been there on and off during the summer. If I walk out on the lawn, I can usually hide his boat behind a tree. It's funny that there are over forty miles of lakefront and this guy chose to park in front of our house. This time it was lit up because it was still dark. Since it had just turned 7:00, the bass tournament began as one bass boat after another roared out of Long Point Marina. And just as I was paddling home, duck hunters fired their shotguns, scaring the heck out of me because they must have been close. Whatever happened to a quiet, empty lake? I did get in a good paddle for 50 minutes, although I had a tough paddle home because of the heavy northerly wind.

Woodlawn

Into the Sun

Kayak Morning

Friday was a busy day, starting as usual with my paddle, blog, and breakfast. We enjoyed our coffee and spent most of the time putting together a list for Wegmans, trying to anticipate all we might need for the next five days when Tom, Mary, and Rhys visit. We were off for Wegmans by 9:45, and I dropped Evie off and returned a shirt I'd bought at Walmart because it was too large. I then returned to Wegmans and followed Evie around aisle after aisle as she loaded up the cart to overflowing. In fact, I had to get a second cart when we checked out.

We were home by noon and spent a good half hour putting things away and making sure we knew where we'd put them. We are getting older! We had cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch along with Evie's soup, and I watched another episode of Lioness. While Evie continued to work on getting the house ready, I tried to nap but ended up reading for a half hour instead. I then went out and spent the next hour mowing the yard, edging the brick walkways, things like that. Finally, I helped Evie by washing the porch windows just as it turned 5:00 — time for a glass of wine.

Earlier, Evie had prepped dinner, baking potatoes, making a salad, and getting two steaks ready for grilling. By 6:30, we were enjoying our dinner and watching a couple of shows, happy with what we'd gotten done during the day. Once Evie went to bed, I tried to find a show to watch and ended up with a series called The German. It's about a couple of Israelis who survived the Holocaust, and the husband has to go to Germany for business. It's good so far, and hard to watch at times when it cuts to the concentration camps.

Full Moon

Moon Rise


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...