Thursday, September 24, 2026

44º And Blue Skies And Blinding Sun


6:25

7:36

9:21

It's 9:30 as I start this blog, although I was up at 6:20. Evie and I are listening to Michael Smerconish, always interesting. I was out on the lake before 7:00, before sunrise, for close to 50 minutes. At 8:00, I was at the Lake Life Cafe in Bemus, ordering an avocado toast with a fried egg and coffee. Jack and I sat around reminiscing about the good old days until 9:00, when we both drove home.

Kayak Morning

Looking Southeast

Sun Rising

Fog Along Woodlawn

Looking East Of Long Point

Yesterday was a get-things-done morning. After coffee, kayaking, and the blog, Evie and I got busy organizing and cleaning the upstairs, getting it ready for the arrival of our Kansas City family. A lot of it was getting the toys ready for Rhys, who is obsessed with pulling all kinds of toys out of the attic, and arranging them downstairs for him. 

Lake Flies Cometh

Lunch was soup and a sandwich, and I watched another episode of Fauda. Evie left to get her hair done around 12:30, and I had a few things to do, so I left soon after, stopping first to set up a Physical Therapy session for me in October. I then returned sweatpants at Target, not long enough. I finally ended up at Walmart, where I bought shorts, sweatpants, and a pullover, all surprisingly inexpensive because they were on sale. I am starting to like Walmart for clothes as well as other items. When I returned, Evie was back, enjoying her show and happy with her haircut, a bit shorter and cute.

We both did little until 5:00, when we listened to Jake Tapper, with the news about the Trump clown show at the UN. I forgot to mention that I sharpened the lawn mower blades, then mowed the backyard, just to see if my sharpening made a difference. I doubt it. Dinner was a favorite: taco salad, with taco shells, chili, salsa, cheese, and sour cream. We watched our usual, and I finished the night with the last episode of Fauda, ending the series, and the first episode of the second season of Lioness on Paramount+.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...