Friday, September 4, 2026

Parly Cloudy And Occasional Sun


6:20

8:04

Majestic Bald Eagle

It's 8:15, and I just returned from an hour-long paddle over to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom, and back home. I was up at 6:15 but didn't get out on the lake until 6:50 because it was still too dark. When I started, the sky was filled with cloud banks, but once I got beyond Long Point, the sun occasionally broke through, lighting up the lake and shoreline.

Kayak Morning

Western Sky

The Sun

Eagle High In Trees Of Long Point

Heron

Finally, An Osprey

Heron On Neighbors Dock

Yesterday was a tiring day for both of us. I was up early and kayaking by 6:20 because I wanted to get in a paddle before driving to Bemus for breakfast at 8:00. Breakfast was surprisingly crowded and loud, so we left early. When I got home, Evie was up, and we worked on the blog and published it before I left for Yin Yoga at 9:40. Tara, our teacher, saved me a spot since class was so crowded. I was on my way home by 11:20, relieved, because I was really tired. Evie was busy cleaning out the refrigerator, so the kitchen was a mess. She was taking a time-out, and I joined her, hoping she'd volunteer to make my lunch. She did, and I was happy to have soup and a couple of tomato-and-salami sandwiches. I couldn't wait to go upstairs and read and nap; I was so tired, and hoped the nap would leave me with enough energy to mow the lawn.

After my nap, I relaxed and read until 4:00, then had enough energy to start on the yard. I took a couple of water breaks and worked up quite a sweat; it was so humid. It took about 45 minutes, breaks included. Once I was done, I cooled off with a quick shower and felt much better for it.

By the time I came downstairs, it was time for a glass of wine and to enjoy what we'd accomplished during the day. Evie had been busy in the kitchen and, by 5:00, had a meatloaf in the oven for dinner. By 6:30, we were enjoying meatloaf with ketchup, of course, mashed potatoes, and a salad. We watched TV the rest of the evening, our usual shows, and both looked forward to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...