Thursday, September 10, 2026

Breakfast In Erie, Yesterday Breakfast In Bemus This Morning


Stormy Wednesday Afternoon

6:14

9:15

It's 9:15, and I just returned from Bemus Point, where I had breakfast with my friends on a fine sunny and occasionally cloudy morning. It's always a good way to start the day, along with an early paddle. I was out before 7:00 for forty minutes, as the clouds slowly disappeared and the sun came out. For some reason, I have been unable to download photos this morning.  Update: I  finally was able to download the photos at 11:30!

Kayak Morning

Wrinkled Lake

Northern Sky Over Woodlawn

North

East

Great Blue

Osprey

Osprey

Wading Along Woodlawn

Yesterday began with a good paddle too. How lucky I am to be able to get out there each morning so easily — just push my kayak into the water off my wooden launch and go. I was home and had a good hour before my buddy Stan picked me up at 9:00, because we were meeting two friends from high school in Erie for lunch. We try to meet twice a year, sometimes in Erie, sometimes here at the lake. We ate at Park And Eat with the other retirees like us. John and Gacy played college ball at John Carroll, and both were successful coaches in the Cleveland area. We played together after college for a couple of years, so we have a lot in common. Stan grew up in their neighborhood, so he's known them longer than I have. We had fun reminiscing after talking about all our ailments. Both are retired with grandchildren and, like Stan and me, are in their 80s. We vowed to meet again in spring, and I was home by noon.

Johnny, Gacy, Stan, And Me

Eating breakfast at 10:30 screwed up my routine, so when I got home I didn't want lunch, and it was too early to take a nap, so I was at sixes and sevens. I read for a while, then went out to the side yard and raked the dirt, piling up rocks to get rid of later. I then went up, read, and napped briefly. For some reason, I've been having a hard time napping recently. Around 3:45, we closed the curtain on our porch, and it poured on and off for the next couple of hours. When I checked just before dinner, we'd already gotten two inches.

We had our wine time, then an easy dinner: leftover chicken, potatoes, and corn. We watched TV until Evie went up to bed, and I watched the first half of the NFL game between New England and Seattle. It was a boring game, so I was happy to go up to bed and read, hoping to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...