Wednesday, September 16, 2026

A Wet Morning


8:45

7:10

6:54

It's 6:35, and I have been up since 5:50, listening to the rain on a dark morning. It's 64º, and I doubt if I will be able to kayak, although the rain seems to have lessened. There's a light southerly wind and today's high should be in the mid-70s, with no rain predicted after 9:00. It's almost 9:00 as I finish this and I was able to get out on the lake just after 8:10 for 35 minutes, avoiding the predicted rain.

Kayak Morning

Northern Gray

A Bit Of Color

Crouching Blue Heron

Yesterday was another sunny, cool September day. I was up early and out for a paddle by 7:00. A southerly wind made it an interesting paddle, not only getting out but also taking a photo because of the waves. I was back by 8:00, put the blog together, and talked with my sister-in-law, who was up at 8:00 and had breakfast. By 9:00, both of us were off to yoga in Lakewood with Courtney. Elaine really seemed to enjoy the class and met some of the group. Afterward, we stopped at Ryder's Cup for coffee, and she met a couple of the regulars before we drove home.

For lunch, Evie made us tuna and tomato sandwiches, and we enjoyed them out on the front porch. We had fun talking about family trees that Elaine has put together, and she also brought some old photos of Evie's parents and their sisters and brothers. It brought back lots of memories of family picnics in the 1960s. Evie scanned some of the photographs with her camera app, which really brought out their clarity and color.

Around 2:00, Evie and Elaine drove to Wegmans to do some shopping, and I went upstairs and read and briefly napped, maybe for ten minutes. I am not sure why, but I have not been napping like I used to. When I got up, I went out and put ten gallons of gas in the boat so it's ready next week when Tom, Mary, and Rhys arrive for five days. The gals returned around 4:00 and put away the groceries. While Elaine went for a walk in the neighborhood, Evie and I prepped dinner: an Asian soup with ramen, shiitake mushrooms, fried tofu, corn, and various Asian sauces. Elaine returned around 5:30, and Evie pulled out appetizers: sushi and Asian veggie spring rolls with shrimp. It was nice enough to sit on the front porch and enjoy the late afternoon sun and the view. It was so pleasant out there that Evie served us the soup on the porch as well. We didn't finish eating until 7:30, then took our time and cleaned up the kitchen, having it spic and span by 8:30 when everyone went up to bed but me. I watched the last episode of The Stranger and am glad it's over. I went to bed around 10:00, read, and slept fairly well until 5:30 this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...