Saturday, September 19, 2026

Happy Birthday Evie And Tommy (Pink Sky In The Morning)

Hawaii, 1969 - Evie and Tommy

Pontoon Boat At 6:37

6:53

7:04

8:09

It's 7:00 as I begin this. I've been up since 6:30, watching the sky turn pink and now shift to yellow as the sun begins to rise over the Bemus shoreline. It's now after 8:00 and I was out for 50 minutes, down to the Powerboat Club and back. We kid about the area in front of our house being a sweet spot, and wouldn't you know, the last couple of mornings a pontoon boat was parked in front of our yard, fishing at 6:40. When I returned from kayaking, two pontoon boats were basically docked in front of our yard.

Kayak Morning

A Noble Heron

Pontoon Boats In Front Of Our Yard

Fishing

Yesterday began with a good paddle, but I was in a hurry to get home and see how Evie was doing. I was able to write the blog and publish it, and then I made sure to help her come downstairs. It was clear, even to her, that we needed to go to the ER. I helped her get ready and bring all that she might need for a long haul of waiting, and we drove to Jamestown and checked into the ER. Fortunately, we were called back to a room after 45 minutes and saw a doctor within ten minutes. He wanted Evie to get an X-ray before making any diagnosis. Once she was back, the X-ray showed arthritis and a strain, but he felt that Evie may have torn her meniscus, and only an MRI would show that. He was a funny guy and it made our stay easier. The PA then put a brace on Evie's knee and helped her learn how to use a crutch and avoid putting weight on the knee. I went out and brought the car back to the entrance, helped Evie get into the car, and we drove off to Lakewood, stopping at McDonald's and bringing lunch home. It's difficult for Evie to get out of the car, or to move in any way that strains her knee. We settled down on the front porch, ate our lunch and put ice on her knee. After lunch, she just wanted to go upstairs and stay in bed. I helped her up the stairs and she stayed up there for a couple of hours.

Zinnias

I read and tried to nap, but I had a project on my mind that I wanted to get done. So I put on my bathing suit and bailed out the rowboat, then paddled out to the front of our dock and pulled the buoys out of the water. Each buoy is attached to a cement block, and I had to drag them up out of the water, complicated by a wind that kept making it more and more difficult. I finally got seven of them in the boat, then set them on our wall and cut the rope attaching each buoy to its cement block. I put the cement blocks away in the bushes for next year, then filled a wheelbarrow with water and bleach and scrubbed the buoys clean of dirt and muck.

Evie came downstairs after I was done, and we sat out on the porch, waiting for wine time. Evie is comfortable when her leg is elevated and she doesn't have to move. Earlier, I had marinated pork chops in teriyaki sauce, and around 6:30 I grilled them. Dinner was decent: rice, pork chops, and a salad, and it tasted good to Evie. We then watched some TV until Evie wanted to go up to bed, and I helped her get organized with water, pills, watch and phone. I then watched the first half of the Fever game and another episode of Fauda before going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for Evie . Not a fun way to spend a birthday . On a bright side , 2 more September birthdays !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...